Worship PastorPosted by: Tom Gates
Posted date: Jul-12-2021
Location: Logan, OH
Logan Church of the Nazarene
Full-time Associate/Worship Pastor
Personal Spiritual Life:
· Prioritize the development of your own personal relationship with Christ.
· Be the spiritual leader of your home and family.
· Model the spiritual disciplines and relationship with God that you hope to develop in others.
· Actively participate in the life of the local church.
· Assume pastoral and discipleship care of the worship ministry to include musicians, vocal team, tech and any others directly involved in the worship ministry.
· Has a call from God to serve in the local church as a worship pastor.
· Strong vocal skills.
· Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
· Relational skills with the ability to engage all generations.
· Has an appreciation for different worship styles.
· Ability to effectively communicate and engage the congregation in worship.
· Prefer the ability to play an instrument that can be used to lead in worship, i.e., guitar/piano.
· Ability to read and create musical arrangements and communicate artistic direction to band, vocal team and tech team.
· Ability to teach parts/harmonies to vocal team members.
· Ability to work as part of a team to produce spiritually relevant and impactful services and events.
· Ability to inspire team toward Spirit-filled excellence.
· Familiar with or willingness to learn to use in-ear monitors and Click/Multi-Track.
· Familiar with or ability to learn Easy Worship, Planning Center and Office 365
· Lead the congregation in worship with the ultimate goal of creating a culture of worship and hunger for the Spirit of the Lord.
· Oversee planning, preparation and implementation of the weekly worship services in conjunction with other preachers and leaders.
· Oversee the scheduling, coordination and rehearsals of worship band and vocal team.
· Work with tech leadership team in the development of lighting, video, graphics, and audio to create a conducive atmosphere of worship.
· Work with Tech Team to prepare and oversee the input of media for services.
· Check and prepare stage for rehearsals and services.
· Coordinate other service elements in the worship service such as baptism, membership, child dedication, communion, guest speakers, etc.
· Recruit and train new band members and worship leaders and other team members as needed.
· Ensure that the church is in full compliance with all music copyright laws.
· Work with Tech Team to assist with audio needs and/or worship for weddings and funerals when needed.
· Manage musical instruments and their maintenance.
· Manage computers and sound equipment used in worship.
· Help maintain cleanliness and orderliness of Tech/Audio Room.
· The worship pastor will maintain regular office hours in cooperation with pastoral staff.
· A day off is encouraged, since a great deal of work will be required on the weekend.
· Be innovative and creative in our delivery of worship to new generations and our online congregation.
· Work with the tech team in creating innovative and creative environments online and in person.
· The worship pastor will report directly to the lead pastor and be accountable to lead pastor and local church board.
· Work with the Tech Team to train other ministries with audio needs for their ministries when needed.
· Help with other general pastoral duties including evangelism, discipleship, shepherding of the church body, planning, special events.
· Meet with the lead pastor on a regular basis for communication, vision casting, planning and strategic direction.
· Participate with the pastoral staff team in long term and strategic planning.
· Support and be a team player with other staff and ministries within the church.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position includes the parsonage (2,300 square foot 2001 Cape Cod plus full basement) and salary.
The salary will be presented as one lump sum. This amount can be broken down and designated however the staff person desires.
Vacation is based on the recommendation of the South Central Ohio District Assembly and is as follows for pastoral staff:
o 2 Weeks: 1-5 Years of continuous service in the church of the Nazarene.
o 3 Weeks: 6-10 Years of continuous service in the church of the Nazarene.
o 4 Weeks: 11-14 Years of continuous service in the church of the Nazarene.
o 5 Weeks: 15+- Years of continuous service in the church of the Nazarene.
Logan does not offer health insurance at this time.
Logan Church of the Nazarene hosts Logan Christian School and Preschool on our campus. As pastoral staff, your children would receive a 100% tuition reduction if class space is available. Parents are still responsible for any fees required. Logan Christian School currently enrolls children in preschool and grades K through 6th. You can learn more about Logan Christian School and Preschool by visiting their web site: www.loganchristianschool.com