Worship Arts PastorPosted by: Jerry Walden
Posted date: Jul-06-2021
Location: Owosso, Michigan
Worship Arts (70%)/Technology (30%) Pastor
Worship Arts Pastor Responsibilities
· Oversee and coordinate with Lead Pastor the Worship Service recognizing the specific needs of a multi-generational congregation.
· Oversee music selections for Worship Services in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
· Identify and select Worship Team personnel for Worship Services; schedule instrumentalist, keyboard and piano as well as vocalist based on Worship Service needs.
· Arrange music for various instrumentalist of the Worship Team.
· Serve as chairperson of the Worship Arts Team.
· Coordinate with sound technicians to provide for sound needs; this is to include weddings, funerals, and other special events.
· Coordinate with media technicians to provide for media needs of the church.
· Oversee and coordinate with lay volunteers platform design and decor.
· Coordinate with Lead Pastor on securing special music groups such as teams from Olivet and oversee team needs in conjunction with Worship Arts team.
· Provide assistance and support to various ministries of the church for music needs, Joy group, youth, children etc.
· Schedule maintenance of musical instruments and provide support in selection of new instruments as needed.
· Attend Staff and Board Meetings as scheduled and meet with Lead Pastor on a regular basis.
· Schedule and maintain regular office hours and work together with other staff as a team for the general good of all ministries of the Church.
· Provide monthly written reports to the Board on Worship Arts needs and activities.
· Identify and develop upcoming talent to meet the future Worship Arts needs of the church.
· Identify and develop a group of individuals in the congregation for dramatic presentations to be used to enhance regular worship services. This will be done in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
· Oversee the production of at least one major dramatic event each year, as talent is available.
· To fill the pulpit as requested by the Lead Pastor.
Technology Pastor Responsibilities
· Oversee the technology needs of the church, including the website, CCB and other media resources, keeping all resources up to date. This includes working with lay volunteers.
· Recommend to the Church Board technology equipment needs.
· Oversee and maintain current licenses needed by the church to conduct media outreach.
· Oversee the Sound and Media ministries and work to develop new talent pool to continue the Sound and Media ministries into the future.
· Act as liaison between the sound and media volunteers and the Church Board.
· Develop and oversee a facility to produce Podcast for modern educational needs.