Associate pastor for kids and youthPosted by: Jonny and Jen Blake
Posted date: Jun-30-2021
Southside Church of the Nazarene (check us out at www.southsidenazarenechurch.ca) in Edmonton AB are looking to hire an Associate pastor with an emphasis on kids and youth.
This is a P/T to potentially F/T (depending on the candidate)
We are a community reaching Church (with an exciting new cafe ministry about to open!) who desires to Root ourselves to God, Grow in Christ and reach out through the Holy Spirit.
Ministry Duties for this role are (but not limited to)
• To Spiritual care for our young families. (Such as visitations and offering resources for parents to aid discipleship in the family etc.).
•One on one and group discipleship/Bible study for pre-teens/teens.
•Organize Children’s Sunday School, teach in both classes (one class per month) and recruit/equip volunteers.
•Take time for Preparation and Administration for the role.
•Take the lead in regards to Child protection policies.
•Lead and organize a kid’s midweek community club.
•During the summer months- Pastoral Visit with kids, teens during school holidays, VBS possibilities, community outreach involving kids/teens.
• Minimum post-secondary level education at a diploma level or higher required in a relevant field. Or currently in a course of study.
• Combination of candidate experience/ training qualifications may be considered as equivalent for meeting education criteria.
• Verifiable references must be provided.
• Staff members must be in agreement with and willing to adhere to the values and beliefs of the Church of the Nazarene as stated in the “Articles of Faith” and “Covenant of Christian Conduct” of the Church of the Nazarene.
• Must be able to fulfill and willing to administer the requirements of the Abuse Prevention Policy of the Southside Church of the Nazarene (Policy will be provided to all applicants).
The following are not required but would be counted as assets in considering candidates for this ministry position.
• Previous experience in ministry leadership roles, education or equivalent leadership context would be an asset.
• Experience working with young people.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Administrative abilities/experience.
• Ability to listen, have a teachable attitude.
• Can respond to authority and direction from supervisors.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Able to prioritize time and manage multiple ministry demands.
• The ability to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing.
• Proficiency with various technologies including both hardware and software application.
If interested, please email email@example.com for more information regarding this position. This advert will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.