Stony Plain Alliance Church is seeking to fill the role of Lead Pastor. Our ideal candidate will have spiritual gifting as an apostle or evangelist. He/She will be outwardly focused, leading our church community in effectively reaching and welcoming into a meaningful relationship those who don’t yet know Christ, including the disenfranchised in our community. The candidate will be a strong authentic communicator who can deliver engaging, relevant sermons, distilling complex ideas into messages that are accessible to all. Leaders at SPAC are vulnerable, authentic, grace filled and Spirit led.
The Lead Pastor provides overall leadership in order to achieve the Vision and Mission of Stony Plain Alliance Church. The Lead Pastor works collaboratively with the Board of Elders and Executive Pastor to ensure oversight is provided to the pastoral, ministry, and operational staff.
- Responsible to develop Christ-focused, biblically based, relevant teaching for the congregation.
- Shares responsibility for preaching with a team of pastoral staff.
- Provides overall direction and works collaboratively in the planning of the preaching schedule, sermon series and themes.
- Clearly articulates the Vision and Mission of SPAC to staff and volunteers. Champions SPAC’s vision to the larger community.
- Drives the development of a strong outward focus both globally and for the community, while leading the congregation in being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and doing what Jesus did.
- Collaborates with the Executive Pastor and Pastoral Staff to develop the strategy to achieve the Mission and Vision of SPAC with clear and measurable goals.
- Thinks broadly and asks big, important questions to inform strategic priorities with a bias for action.
- Delivers on the agreed upon strategic goals.
- Collaboratively works with the Elder Board to periodically review and refine the vision, mission and strategic priorities of SPAC.
- Develops Elders to serve the needs of the church through leadership, prayer, and elder care.
- Works with the Board Chair on areas of governance and strategic priorities.
- Ensures there is a system in place for community outreach and to care for the needs of the congregation, in collaboration with the pastoral staff.
Positive Influence on Staff Culture and Effectiveness
- Alongside the Executive Pastor, promotes a positive staff culture that mentors and develops each individual’s strengths in order to achieve the Mission, Vision and strategic priorities of SPAC.
- Provides leadership for the staff in planning, implementing, and evaluating their ministry leadership and activities.
- Develops and nurtures the spiritual life of the staff team.
- In collaboration with the Executive pastor, hires ministry staff necessary to achieve the Mission, Vision and Strategic priorities of SPAC within the approved annual budget and financial policies.
- Committed to and doctrinally aligned with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) Statement of Faith.
- Minimum of a ministry related Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Prior experience in full time pastoral ministry.
- Eligible for licensure with the C&MA.
- Demonstrated strength in preaching and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, flexibly and lead through change.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively leading teams to accomplish a vision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of diverse teams.
- Embraces an egalitarian church leadership model.
- The Board of Elders operates as a governance board and the Lead Pastor reports directly to the Board of Elders.
- The Executive Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Pastors in the C&MA are accountable to the policies and procedures of the C&MA.
Additional information about Stony Plain Alliance Church including mission, vision, and ministries can be found at www.spaconline.com. A short summary of our church profile can be requested by email at email@example.com
Denomination Information, Resources and Statement of Faith:
Christian and Missionary Alliance Western District: https://www.thewcd.ca/
Christian and Missionary Alliance Canada: https://www.cmacan.org/resources/
We welcome your CV and resume. Thank-you for including your bio and a brief iteration of your spiritual journey.
Please insert ‘Lead Pastor Application’ in the subject line submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org