Youth PastorPosted by: Chelsea Peugh
Posted date: Jun-23-2021
Youth Minister Job Description
Oakdale Family Church of the Nazarene
1700 West F Street, Oakdale, CA 95361
Title: Youth Pastor, Full time
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Compensation: Parsonage optional + Salary
QUALIFICATIONS:1. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry with xperience in youth ministry. Holding Credentials in the Church of the Nazarene preferred.
2. Demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
3. A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with youth, parents, and staff.
4. Must possess strong communication skills and a desire to be active in community outreach. This position requires excellent leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
5. Must have the ability to research the community, utilizing demographics, technology and social media to reach the un-churched youth of our community.
6. Able to work as a team player, cooperating with the staff and all members of OFC NAZ.
7. Should be able to act with minimal supervision and provide guidance to church leadership in all areas concerning youth ministry.
8. Exhibit proven ability to teach and train youth into a deeply enriching faith experience.
9. Exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to a deep-rooted prayer life.
10. Demonstrate faithfulness to the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene and committed to the vision and mission of OFC Naz.
11. Must have a clear testimony to a saving, sanctifying and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
12. Model a Christ-like lifestyle and a passion to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.
The Youth Pastor will lead and organize an effective youth ministry, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly should demonstrate a hunger for more of God and possess a passion to lead the youth of our church and community into that same hunger. The overall objective of the Youth Pastor is to make Christ like disciples of our youth, and to train and mobilize them to make Christ like disciples.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Provide leadership to our overall youth ministry, including the accomplishment of all NYI goals and objectives.
2. Model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle within the youth of our church.
3. Build a growing Youth Ministries team to effectively reach the un-churched youth of Victory Hills’ immediate and extended communities.
4. Maintain a close working relationship with the public and private schools of our community and in cooperation with OFC Naz’s Minister of Children and Connections Pastor make connections with students from our schools, drawing them into the fellowship of our church and into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Facilitate the training and mobilizing of our youth to develop relationships with the un-churched, to actively witness to persons within the sphere of their influence, and to make Christ like disciples of those responding to their witness.
6. Collaborate with the church’s staff in the creation of new ministries as needed to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
7. Make and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, especially those leaders of our schools and other youth organizations.
8. Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church, maximizing ministry impact in their lives.
9. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
10. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of on going activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
11. Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
12. Prepare, monitor and control the annual youth budget as approved by the church board.
13. Manage student fees and fund raising money for events and ministry/mission trips.
14. Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the Lead Pastor and other meetings necessary to lead an effective youth ministry. Shall also be in participatory attendance of the regular and special services of the church.
15. Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
16. Adequate planning and preparation for all services, meetings, and activities must be done, so that each event will be effective in accomplishing its stated purpose.
17. Other duties as required and requested by the Lead Pastor.