Children and FamiliesPosted by: Chelsea Peugh
Posted date: Jun-23-2021
Children’s Minister Job Description
Oakdale Family Church of the Nazarene
1700 West F Street, Oakdale, CA 95361
Full Time, Salaried
Purpose: To provide the chief visionary leadership and oversight to the Family and Children’s Ministry (birth – 6th grade).
Reports to: Senior Pastor(s)
Oversight to: Church Board
1. Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by spiritual maturity and a close consistent walk with Him
2. Feels a call to the ministry to children and families
3. Embrace a vibrant vision for Children’s Ministry consistent with OFCNaz mission statement
4. Commit to and support the theological stance of The Church of the Nazarene
5. Continue to study and grow in knowledge and practical ministry strategies current with culture, trends, and societal changes
6. Love kids and grant grace in discipline
7. Demonstrate strong conflict management and public relation skills
8. Demonstrate flexibility and calm under pressure in changing and/or emergency situations
1. Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision and ministry of Oakdale Family Church of the Nazarene
2. Build and develop the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers.
3. Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers for the Children’s Ministry.
4. Develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children.
5. Provide oversight and planning for all aspects of Children’s Ministry programming, including:
· Sunday morning Children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church
· Wednesday Night programming
· Coordinate and staff nursery care
· Outreach events
· Family events/programming
· District Summer Camp
· Curriculum selection/development for all programming
· Develop and implement policies for the safety and security of children, including but not limited to effective use of check-in technology
6. Provide oversight to Children’s Ministry budget and help develop the budgetary needs for upcoming years.
1. Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. – staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, etc.)
2. Support the Senior Pastor(s) in the vision that they are leading the church in.
3. Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly affect the Children’s Ministry.
4. Share in the responsibility of ministerial responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
· Hospital visits
· Minister on call/Go-to Minister duties
· Leadership at certain events
2. Teaching/Public Speaking
All OFCNaz staff members are expected to be regular church attendees and to support their church financially. They are also expected to volunteer within the ministry at OFCNaz.
All candidates interested can send resumes to: Chelseapeugh930@gmail.com