Family PastorPosted by: Matt Ryba
Posted date: Jun-10-2021
Location: Annandale, VA
POSITION TITLE: Family Pastor
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
PREPARED/REVISED: April 19, 2021
The Family Pastor position is a part-time position that provides direction and oversight for our CALVARYKIDS and CALVARYYOUTH ministries (infant – 12th Grade). The Family Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all CALVARYKIDS and CALVARYYOUTH staff & volunteers. The Family Pastor will work closely with the Calvary staff and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children, teens and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
• Living an exemplary Christian life by pursuing daily devotions, Scripture memory, and opportunities to share his/her faith.
• Direct oversight of all CALVARYKIDS and CALVARYYOUTH Ministries (infant to 12th grade).
• Provide vision, strategy, & development for all CALVARYKIDS and CALVARYYOUTH Ministries that aligns with the overall church mission to make disciples of all nations.
• Provide leadership, direction and training for all CALVARYKIDS and CALVARYYOUTH staff and volunteers.
• Review and oversee the implementation of curriculum (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary).
• Recruit and oversee all volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
• Help maintain safe, clean, aesthetic environment for the different ministries.
• Oversee childcare for all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, annual meetings, Discover Your Church/ Newcomer meetings, Christmas Eve, Easter, ect.
• Responsible for check-in procedures, including managing Check-in volunteers and tracking weekly attendance.
• Assists in creating budget for Children’s ministry and manages monthly expense reports to track ministry spending.
• Meets regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss overall family ministry strategy and effectiveness.
• Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 12th grade, including Sunday mornings, summer programming, special events, etc.
• Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
• Plan and oversee special events.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BA or BS degree required.
• Must have proven ministry experience effectively leading individuals and teams. (Previous experience leading children’s ministry desired)
• Able to recruit and develop teams.
• Passion for serving the church.