Worship LeaderPosted by: Rev. Eddie Brown
Posted date: May-27-2021
Location: Massapequa Park, NY
As a church, we have a rich history in our community of being a group where all are welcome and Jesus is our center. Our church is apart of the Nazarene denomination which is a holiness denomination. Essentially we declare God loves you just as you are, but loves you way too much to let you stay that way! Over the past two years our church has undergone some changes. We have been known as a more traditional church until recently.
Our Vision is to REACH unchurched people, TEACH believers to love Jesus & people fully, MEND broken lives, and SEND disciples into ministry.
What we’re looking for:
MPK Church is currently looking for a part-time (20 hours a week) Worship Leader who loves Jesus and leads with passion, thoughtfulness, and isn’t afraid to engage the congregation in heartfelt worship.
• Experienced in both modern & traditional worship with high proficiency as an instrumentalist and vocalist
• Experienced in building teams
• Gifted singer
• Experienced in leading rehearsals and coaching vocalists and instrumentalists
• Creative artist
• Working knowledge of basic audio, video, lighting preferred.
• Experienced with Planning Center Online, Video Production, and Live Streaming
• 2-5 Years of experience preferred
Worship Leader Tasks:
• Lead a worship culture that supports the mission and values of MPK Church.
• Oversee worship both vocally & with an instrument during Sunday Gatherings.
• Develop leaders. Audition, develop, recruit, and mentor worship team. Lead weekly practices. Work with Tech Team Leader in managing ProPresenter, Live streams, lighting, and sound for services. Work with our Social media manager in running our website and social accounts.
• Plan and Organize. Pick music, schedule teams (Planning Center Online). Meet with the pastor & participate in weekly staff meeting. Participate in a monthly Ministry Leadership Team meeting to brainstorm, create, evaluate, and improve the weekend service experience and narrative
• Create Space for song writing talent to flourish. Oversee original music writing, composition, and stage design.
• Other essential duties as requested by Lead Pastor
If you’re interested. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and link(s) to your video/ audio portfolio to email@example.com and let's chat. If you don’t have a portfolio already please send a video of you singing/playing one of your current favorite worship songs as well as why you chose this song.