The Valley Church is a fast-growing multi-site church north of Dayton, OH. We are able to offer a competitive salary, full benefits, and a professional account. This position is for our Troy Campus, which is just over two years old and already averaging around 350 people on a Sunday. We are passionate about discipleship, multiplication, and reaching the next generation. We are looking for a top notch leader who is humble, teachable, and passionate about reaching lost teens and young adults.
Check us out at www.thevalley.church
TITLE: Youth & Young Adult Pastor
STATUS: Full Time (45-50 hours) DAT E: March 2021
REPORTS TO: Family / Campus Pastor
The Valley Church is a sending, multi-campus church pursuing our mission and vision through a committed focus on making disciples who make disciples and campuses that launch new campuses. We are sending empowered, called, and equipped people into a world that desperately needs Jesus.
Our youth and young adult pastor will be a leader who is gifted in teaching and has a passion to influence teenagers and young adults. They will develop a strong understanding of our unique DNA and will work to seamlessly align the goals of our youth and young adult ministry into the overall goals of the church.
The successful candidate will be able to express and share their thoughts of what a vibrant and healthy youth ministry looks like, work well with strong pastoral leadership, and be accountable. They will be passionate about their call to ministry and demonstrate a willingness to engage in the lives of students, their families, and young adults.
What you bring:
- The successful candidate will have a history of experience as a strong communicator, with a background in recruiting, leading teams, and developing leaders. Also, they will embrace working in a grace-oriented setting committed to reaching the unchurched and developing relationships with community schools and organizations.
- Disciple teens and adult volunteers
- Disciple young adults
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers to assist in leading the ministries
- Plan, organize, recruit and implement for large group events and mission trips
- Provide pastoral care.
- Help students and young adults discover their personality & gifting and utilize them in various forms of service to the Kingdom.
- Partner with parents by creating a discipling culture and providing them with support and resources
- Mentoring future leaders called to ministry, whether teens or adults.
- Lead the development of an on-going and invitational Life Group community within youth and young adult ministries
- Capable to supplement the preaching team and deliver messages in the main services 3-5 times in a year.
Personal Characteristics / Skill Sets:
- Lead a youth and young adult ministry that is deep and wide. Reach hundreds of unchurched and dechurched people and intentionally disciple them.
- Leads a life of following Christ and has life/work balance in marriage, parenting, and friendships.
- An effective communicator that reaches an audience of all ages.
- Be an effective recruiter of leaders and volunteers for youth and young adult ministries.
- Possess the capability of turning strategy into creative execution, to create and develop systems to build a successful youth ministry based on changing lives.
- Being familiar with the Orange philosophy of youth and family ministry would be a plus.
- Relational, with a friendly and approachable disposition.
- Possess a teachable and coachable spirit.
- Comfortable receiving feedback from within a collaborative team.
- Growing emotional intelligence and awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
- A passion for developing, equipping, and propelling both individual leaders and teams.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, core values, and beliefs of The Valley Church
- If married, your spouse will be a strong partner in ministry
Our Denominational Affiliation:
- The successful candidate will:
- Possess a theological framework that aligns with our Wesleyan/Arminian beliefs and the desire to obtain a District Minister’s License as you progress towards qualifying to sit for ordination in the Church of the Nazarene
- Champion women in ministry as both Lead Pastors and Teaching Pastors
- Adhere to God’s original design for marriage
- Practices and teaches the Biblical requirement of tithing
The Valley Church is part of The Church of the Nazarene in Northwest Ohio. You can find more information here: http://nazarene.org/about-nazarenes
Please send the following three items directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position:
1. Résumé with cover letter
2. Two-minute video introducing yourself and your philosophy of ministry.
3. Links to a recent video message of you preaching / teaching.