Youth PastorPosted by: Michael DeBoef
Posted date: Mar-03-2021
Location: Visalia, CA
Reports to: Senior Pastor Classification: Salary
This position is responsible for oversight, design, management and leadership in the ministry to adolescents and young adults. This is to be led so that volunteers, staff, and parents effectively reach un-churched youth and disciple youth in the body--fulfilling both the Greatest Commandment and the Great Commission.
1. Committed to personal spiritual growth by investing time in prayer, study, solitude and reflection
2. Responsible to recruit, train, lead and appreciate volunteers to effectively lead in the ministry.
3. Meet weekly with youth administrator to coordinate and delegate details of youth ministry.
4. Lead volunteers for district senior high and junior high camps, events and activities that support the overall goals and objectives of the church, including 3-4 outreach events per year.
5. Responsible to select and implement teaching materials and curriculum to engage the unbelieving person and disciple the believing person.
6. Utilize small groups as a means of discipleship, relationship building, leader development and overall ministry effectiveness.
7. Ensure a safe and secure environment for youth and volunteers to include: standards and procedures for youth volunteers, leader/youth ratios and general protection guidelines.
8. Enlist prayer support for the totality of the ministry.
9. Administer expenses and income in accordance with a balanced annual budget.
10. Regular attendance at weekly staff meetings. Annual attendance at staff retreats, and youth conferences as necessary.
Local and away mission and compassionate ministry opportunities
Youth events and opportunities that coincide with church-wide events
Follow-up and connection with visitors and irregular attendees
Training, experience and abilities:
1. Prior experience and proven effectiveness in working with adolescents.
2. Ability to speak to and build relationships with students, their families, and volunteers
3. Bachelor’s degree or higher education.
4. Ability to minister to youth as well as lead and communicate with adults.
Hours / Days of service (approximate):
1. Four weekdays (830am – 500pm)
2. Sunday (800am – Noon)
3. Mid-week evening program responsibilities
1. $55,000-60,000 plus employee medical and dental insurance