Children and Families PastorPosted by: Michael DeBoef
Posted date: Jan-06-2021
Location: Visalia, CA
This full time position is responsible for oversight, design, management and leadership in the ministry to children and families from kindergarten through sixth grade so that parents, volunteers and staff effectively reach un-churched children and disciple children and families--fulfilling both the Greatest Commandment and the Great Commission.
1. Committed to personal spiritual growth by investing time in prayer, study, solitude and reflection in order to love and lead out of an overflow of one’s growing walk with Jesus.
2. Responsible to recruit, train, equip, lead and appreciate volunteers (including parents) to effectively lead the children’s ministry.
3. Organize and manage children’s camps, events and activities that support the overall goals and objectives of the church.
4. Responsible to select and implement teaching materials and curriculum to engage the unbelieving child and disciple the believing child while encouraging the role of parents in spiritual education.
5. Utilize small groups as a means of relationship building, lay leader development and overall ministry effectiveness.
6. Coordination with the Director of Nursery for effective pre-first ministry.
7. Ensure a safe and secure environment for children and volunteers to include: standards and procedures for children’s volunteers, necessary first aid supplies, check in/out procedures, worker/children ratios and general protection guidelines.
8. Recruit and regularly meet with volunteers for discipling, prayer support, vision planning, and program development.
9. Administer expenses in accordance with a balanced annual budget.
10. Regular attendance at weekly staff meetings and devotions. Annual attendance at staff retreats, all-staff conferences and children’s conferences as available.
Additional responsibilities (lay leader teams):
Local mission and compassionate ministry opportunities
Children events and opportunities that coincide with community and church-wide events
Follow-up and connection with visitors and irregular attendees
Oversight of Saturday night program
Training, experience and abilities:
1. Prior experience and proven effectiveness in leading a children’s program.
2. Bachelor’s degree preferred
3. Ability to minister to children as well as lead and communicate with adults.
Salary is full time and dependent upon experience. Employee medical and dental.