Pastor of Worship & Spiritual FormationPosted by: Bill Foss
Posted date: Dec-06-2020
Location: Selinsgrove, PA
Our Pastor of Worship and Spiritual formation will provide leadership and direction for the church family including, but not limited to worship services. Since worship is a lifestyle, the worship pastor works to assist the church family to experience this daily reality.
They will work to develop and support healthy, edifying worship focused on experiencing fresh and meaningful encounters with God and promoting the spiritual growth of worshipers by encouraging them to view the church as a hub for daily living.
1. Maintain a strong, growing relationship with Jesus through regular prayer and Bible study.
2. Strive at all times to live a life representative of the life Jesus modeled.
3. Be familiar with the SCN purpose, vision, and goals.
4. Participate as a member of a SCN Ministry Team to support the planning and ongoing implementation of the SCN biblical purpose and vision
Specific Responsibility Guidelines:
1. Provide leadership and support for all aspects of worship through application of the talents of those participating on worship teams, vocal and instrumental groups, special music, drama, audio-visual technicians and other areas deemed useful and edifying to worshiping God.
a. Lead worship services vocally and instrumentally according to the SCN Vision (Ability to lead with Guitar or Piano preferred.)
b. Select worship service music
c. Coordinate and lead worship team practice sessions
d. Provide leadership for the audio-visual staff regarding media needs
e. Plan the Order of Worship for services
f. Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to develop worship service plans
g. Train those involved in worship to understand healthy worship by honoring tradition, understanding relative culture, and celebrating through fresh encounters with God.
h. Recruit people to participate in the SCN worship ministry
i. Teach worship by instructing and modeling it for the SCN congregation
1. Assist the Senior Pastor
a. Assist the pastor with projects or situations that require pastoral guidance and leadership, to enable pastor to have the most time to be the best at his job.
b. Consult with the pastor on issues, policies, and situations he feels necessary.
d. Assist the Senior Pastor in other areas, as needed.