Community Groups Pastor/DirectorPosted by: Rhonda Gonzalez
Posted date: Nov-04-2020
Location: Bethany, OK
Bethany First Church of the Nazarene
Our Mission and Vision:
We are passionate about becoming more like Jesus and helping others come to know Him.
Job Description: Community Groups Pastor/Director
To carry out the mission and vision of Bethany First Church through group life.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
· Find service opportunities in the surrounding community and mobilize community groups to take action on those service opportunities – find community needs and find the appropriate group to fulfill those needs.
· Establish community groups as the cornerstone of fellowship at BFC – community groups will become the primary way people find a sense of connectedness and belonging at BFC.
· Help community groups lead participants in spiritual formation and discipleship.
· Create new community groups with these three characteristics
· Recruit teachers and leaders who create and facilitate Life Courses that help further the mission and vision of BFC
· Seasonal and subject matter groups should help reinforce sermon series, build upon family ministries, and easily flow with online strategy.
· Oversee the Celebrate Recovery ministry
· Recruit, empower, and celebrate community group leaders to carry out BFC’s mission and vision through fellowship, discipleship, and service within the group they lead.
· Establish and oversee community group leadership councils
· Work with the online pastor to get group life to the online community and the online community to group life.
· Work with hospitality pastor to help find the appropriate community group for newcomers and floaters (those not yet in a group)
· Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a teachable spirit
· Self-motivated leader; demonstrates the ability to create and execute a long-term vision for group life at BFC.
· Strong relationship capabilities; has a passion for reaching people for Christ and helping people become more like Christ.
· Engaging leader, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Church of the Nazarene Statement of Faith
· Willingness and capability to lead organizational change
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Does not have to be called to minsitry - can be a director instead of a pastor if that is the case)
Reports To: Executive Pastor of Engagement
Resource Team: Hospitality pastor, online pastor, community group administrative assistant