Compassionate Ministry InternshipPosted by: Megan Pittman
Posted date: Oct-16-2020
Location: Batlle Ground, WA
Interested in learning more about ministry in both an urban and rural setting?
Curious about careers where social work and vocational ministry intersect?
Do you have the desire to work and live in a tight-knit faith community?
Starting Grounds Church of the Nazarene is launching a new ministry and is now receiving applications for our inaugural 2021 cycle.
Starting Grounds Church has partnered with Open House Ministries (a family shelter in Vancouver, WA) to launch a brand-new and exciting internship opportunity for those interested in learning more about ministry in both inner-city and rural settings. We are looking for young adults who are passionate and ready to explore a vocational call to ministry, social work, and/or compassionate outreach in southwest Washington.
While here, our interns will have the opportunity to work directly with residents in a family shelter, learn from the staff in both a shelter and local church setting, and be poured into by our leadership to grow spiritually in an intentional faith community.
Housing, access to Open House's food pantry, and a modest stipend will be provided as compensation.
***This internship is not to be considered traditional employment.
***Due to housing available, we are only receiving applications from female applicants at the moment.
Starting Grounds Church website: https://www.startinggroundschurch.com
Open House Ministries website: https://www.sheltered.org
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid Driver's License.
- Be legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
- Enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university at time of internship. (preferred)
- Be willing and able to work approximately 30 hours/week (hours includes work tasks, weekly intern meetings, weekend worship services, and meetings with supervisors)
- Be willing and able to commit to a year-long internship with Starting Grounds Church.
- Be flexible in contributing to the long-term missions of both Starting Grounds Church and Open House Ministries during a short-term commitment
- A desire to grow spiritually in an intentionally Christian faith community
- The willingness to live frugally and in close-contact with other interns
- Commitment to the development of one's own character as a follower of Christ
Please contact Megan Pittman for instructions on how to apply.