Ministry Director for Early ChildhoodPosted by: Amber Sweeney
Posted date: Sep-04-2020
Early ChildhoodMinistry Director (Birth-Pre-K)
Work in an environment where your efforts have eternal impact and where team members are encouraged, empowered, equipped, educated, and understand expectations.
Location: 6851 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield VA 23832
The Ministry Director of Early Childhood provides direction and oversight for the Splash Ministry (Ages Birth-Pre-K) at Southside Church. Southside Church is a multi-site Church that offers exciting children’s programming (Birth – 5th Grades) for multiple services and venues.
Vibrant faith and a desire to support faith development of preschool children.
Passion for seeing children and families grow in their faith together.
Experience serving in Children’s Ministry and in leading children’s services.
Skilled in interpersonal relationships and ability to connect with families attending Southside Church.
Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
· The Ministry Director of Early Childhood provides leadership, development, support, and oversight to all Splash Ministry staff/volunteers as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of all environments specific to Southside Church. Ministry Director of Early Childhood works closely with the Courthouse Campus Children’s Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of preschool children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
· Work with Courthouse Campus Children’s Pastor to review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the large group/small group teaching environments and to provide digital options for online ministry.
· Attend all worship services and other church functions at Southside Church.
· Attend weekly staff meetings on Tuesdays.
· Ensure the offering of milestone ministries for children and their families, including but not limited to Baby Day and Baby Dedications.
· Communicate regularly with the Children’s Ministry Team about events in Splash Ministry.
· Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic Early Childhood learning environments.
· Responsible for maintaining correct check-in procedure and weekly attendance tracking.
· Maintain a strategy for reaching new children and families.
· Work with Children’s Ministry Team to develop and oversee Children’s Ministry for all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, seminars, Christmas Eve, Easter Good Friday, etc.
· Resource other Southside Church campus/venues with Early Childhood materials as needed.
· To fulfill the shepherding ministry requirements/ maintain relationships with the preschool children and families at Southside Church’s Courthouse Campus – including hospital visits, birthday cards, fellowship opportunities, etc.
· Maintain a good working relationship with the Early Childhood Department (ECD) of Guardian Christian Academy (GCA), an agency of Southside Church, through periodic meetings with the ECD Director. Cultivate a relationship with GCA preschool parents and children.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Fully embraces the mission, vision, and values of Southside Church.
Reliable, takes initiative, and self-motivated.
Embraces and adapts to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
Use appropriate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors,
co-workers, and volunteers.
Ability to work on multiple short term and long term projects simultaneously.
Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word) and the capacity to learn new software (Church Management System, ProPresenter, Website building, etc).
Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, Reggie Joiner). Preferred
“Impacting families to transform our world.” That’s the heartbeat of Southside Church and it permeates all the ministries and work we do.
At Southside Church you will be using your talent, skills, and God-given gifts to empower our teams to accomplish ever increasing levels of excellence as we strive to make Christ-like disciples.
Reports to the Courthouse Campus Children’s Pastor.
Supervises and directs Splash Ministry volunteers at Courthouse Campus.
Receives support from peers on staff at Southside Church.
Receives consistent training from Courthouse Campus Children’s Pastor.
Works closely with all areas of Children’s Ministry within Southside Church.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Schedule: In office – 20 hours
During the week/weekend (Sunday morning/Wednesday evening services)
Children’s Ministry: 2 years (Preferred)
Education: College Degree (Preferred)
Location: 6851 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield, VA
Company's website: Southsidechurchva.org/children