Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Full-timePosted by: Michael DeBoef
Posted date: Sep-04-2020
Location: Visalia, CA
WORSHIP & MUSIC ARTS PASTOR
Reports to: Senior Pastor Classification: Salary
This position is responsible for oversight, design, management and leadership in the worship and arts ministry. This is to be led so that volunteers are discipled to fulfill both the Greatest Commandment and the Great Commission.
1.Committed to personal spiritual growth by investing time in prayer, study, solitude and reflection in order to love and lead out of an overflow of one’s growing walk with Jesus.
2. Plan and lead weekly worship services to include: order of service, special singers and groups, audio, video, and technical support in coordination with the senior pastor, technical director, and worship assistant.
3. Disciple teams through missional communities (including up/in/out), relationship building, leader development and ministry effectiveness in the areas of vocalists, instrumentalists, technicians, dance and drama.
4.Recruit, disciple, train, lead and appreciate volunteers that have the desire and call to serve in worship and music arts.
5. Coordinate with church-wide calendar including the major outreach events of the year as well as a long range vision for worship and music arts.
6. Develop ministry team leaders for multi-service, multi-site, and church plants.
7.Administer expenses and income (if applicable) in accordance with a balanced annual budget.
8. Establish standards and procedures for the worship, music arts and technical teams.
9. Regular attendance at weekly staff meetings
10. Annual attendance at staff retreats, all-staff conferences and worship conferences as necessary.
Additional responsibilities (lay leader teams):
Coordinate with other ministries in the church to support music and worship needs in those ministries.
Various pastoral duties as necessary including weddings and funerals.
Training, experience and abilities:
1. Prior experience and proven effectiveness in leading worship and teams.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher education preferred
Hours / Days of service (approximate):
1. Four weekdays
2. Sunday AM services
Starting Salary:1. $45,000-60,000 (depending upon experience) plus employee medical insurance