Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Full-timePosted by: Michele Dickerson
Posted date: Aug-09-2020
Location: Auburn, California
- Be patient, loving and kind, representing Christ to all.
- Be a role model in the areas of faith, integrity, personal discipline, discipleship and evangelism.
- Have a passion and a strategy for sharing Jesus with students and families who are either far from God or on a journey with God.
- Have an ability to inspire students to engage their community with the intention of reaching those who are far from God, support opportunities for this to happen.
- Be a cheerleader and encourager for our youth.
- Support, communicate and contribute to the leadership and vision of Parkside Church.
- Provide a safe environment for students.
- Develop and host youth life groups throughout the week using current, intentional and appropriate curriculum.
- Provide resources and support to partner with and equip parents in developing their student’s spiritual development.
- Develop a team of strong adult volunteer leaders to minister to youth as well as develop their own gifts and talents through recruitment, training and delegation.
- Provide training materials and opportunities for student ministry leaders.
- Organize ministry teams to help run various youth related events.
- Hold a midweek youth service that includes worship and Bible lesson.
- Organize and oversee opportunities to equip our teens for service.
- Provide regular communication with Parents regarding their students and youth ministries.
- Implement a strategy and be deliberate in meeting new families.
- Develop and implement outreach efforts in connecting with more youth in our community and building the Parkside youth program.
- Connect our student ministry to the district student ministries through district events, camps, missions, conferences, concerts, etc.
- Use Parkside’s sports ministry programs as an opportunity to engage youth and reach new youth in the community.
- Manage and oversee annual youth budget.
- Develop and implement fundraising ideas and events to support this ministry.
- Submit a monthly written report to the church board of various youth ministry activities, needs, etc.
- Be organized and communicative with the Lead Pastor and staff regarding calendar events.
- Your direct supervisor is the Lead Pastor.
- Contribute to achieving Parkside’s media goals by creating and posting video content as directed by lead Pastor.
- Use graphic artistry skills to create graphics for print and media when requested.
- Support Parkside’s sports ministries where possible.