Youth PastorPosted by: Rich Cook
Posted date: Sep-27-2019
Location: Clarksville, TN
Searching for a full-time staff member. Grace averages 450 or so. Youth group ranges from 40-60 regularly on Wednesday nights. Looking for a candidate with a sincere love for the local church, a specific call to ministry, and a passion for middle school and high school students. You can get a feel for our church on the Clarksville Grace Nazarene Facebook page (our website is having issues ... long story). More information available upon request. Thanks!
· Serve the High School and Middle School students of Grace Nazarene.
· Identify and develop volunteer youth workers and student leaders. Work with NYI President and existing youth volunteers.
· Disciple and evangelize both – but lean heavily into discipleship. Disciples naturally evangelize.
· Steward the dollars provided in the youth budget, as well as fund-raising for student activities, camps, and trips.
· Oversee an active social media presence with the students, parents, and church family.
· Plan local, national, and global missional opportunities to serve.
· Participate in district and denominational youth ministry opportunities.
· Plan activities, meals, and parties where students and leaders can simply be together.
· Develop an outreach, welcome, follow-up, and assimilation plan.
· Focus on building relationships with students outside of the church building and schedule. Be at ballgames, concerts, birthday parties, pizza joints, and Starbucks. Love our students and our students’ friends. Love kids to Christ.
· Model a lifestyle of personal, humble, daily discipleship. Let our students see you follow Jesus.
· Pursue the call of God to serve, following the example of Jesus.
· Be an eager, willing part of the pastoral team. Humbly submit to partnership and leadership.
· Local church life is rarely predictable. Love and serve the church body as the needs arise.
· We’re Nazarene. Harmony with the doctrines and practices of our church is non-negotiable.
· Be a life-long learner, taking advantage of development opportunities. Be a reader.
· Be energetic, friendly, positive, prepared, teachable, flexible, self-motivated, and humble.
· Exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit.