Children's PastorPosted by: David Thornhill
Posted date: Sep-25-2019
Westside Church of the Nazarene: Children’s Pastor
One Sentence Job Description: Provides vision and implement strategy for the entire ministry program to children (birth through 6th grade).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Give Oversight to the Sunday morning programming for Children: Sunday School, Nurseries, Preschool Worship; Elementary Worship and 5th-6th Grade Worship
· Conduct elementary age worship service
· Give oversight to all midweek programming
· Establish discipline protocol and ensure it is followed
· Provide pastoral care to families with children
· Attend summer camps
· Develop and maintain safe, clean and aesthetic environments
· Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance
· Provide special activities throughout the year. One per quarter would be a good goal.
· Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget
· Maintain ministry’s section on the church website
· Maintain social media sites for the Children’s ministry
· Attend the weekly staff meeting
· Attend all church functions
· Attend the monthly board meeting when requested by the Senior Pastor
· Collaborate with the Westside Christian Preschool
Volunteers and Staffing
· Recruit and provide training to volunteers, ensuring adequate support
· Ensure all volunteers are properly trained in Naz Safe and certifications are kept up to date
· Conduct regular volunteer training for children and youth volunteers
· Oversee the hiring of nursery staff
· Oversee childcare for church related events
How will you know if you are succeeding?
· Children are giving their lives to Jesus
· Attendance in all areas are growing
· Volunteer base grows
· Volunteer retention is present
· Positive feedback is received by parents routinely
· You fulfill all the items on this job description with excellence
· Track Record: A proven record of growth, salvations and leadership development.
· Direct Report: Senior Pastor
· Reviews: There will be a 90 day review. Annual reviews are held every February.
· Office Hours: TBD
· Vacation: As outlined in the church handbook
· It is expected that your family is involved in the ministry
· It is expected that you tithe regularly