Associate Pastor for Youth & FamiliesPosted by: Todd Olson
Posted date: Sep-05-2019
Location: Green Bay, WI
Hope Community Church is a congregation in Green Bay, WI. We believe God has given us some big dreams to reach our community and ultimately our city for Jesus Christ. The mission of Hope Community Church is to Love God, Love Others, and Love our World.
Summary of Position
The Associate Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in accomplishing the mission, vision and ministry of Hope Community. This includes serving the entire church family through pastoral duties which include working to build the youth group through building relationships within our community including making connections with the school district to look for ways to minister to students. The associate pastor will also provide leadership in other areas of the church’s ministry as needed and responsibilities will include occasional preaching, teaching, visitation, and pastoral counseling as needed. This Pastor will have the overall responsibility for leading HCC’s youth including Sunday School, Youth Group, and other activities by working with and through others to accomplish the mission and vision of the church. This includes developing relationships and ministering to them and their families.
The Associate Pastor for Youth and Families will report to the Lead Pastor and subsequently to the church leadership team.
- Devoted to Christ
- Able to articulate a clear call to ministry
- In sympathy and support of the polity and practices of the Church of the Nazarene
- Is engaged in the credentialing process leading toward ordination in the Church
- Gifted and passionate in teaching/preaching and caring for youth
- Knowledge of Scripture and ability to apply it to life
- Committed to building relationships with youth through outreach, evangelism and discipleship
- Ability to understand today’s youth and their culture
- Model a lifestyle of spiritual maturity and holiness which includes through the practice of spiritual disciplines
- Is teachable, flexible, collaborative, and most important a servant leader, as working with and through others is vital to accomplish the mission and vision
- Organize purposeful activities and ministries that help young people become lifelong disciples of Christ
- Develop relationships with parents and youth alike.
- Reach new families for Christ.
- Come along side families with encouragement and guidance as they attempt to lead their families in Christ.