Pastor to Youth and Their FamiliesPosted by: Matthew Hawkins
Posted date: Aug-29-2019
Location: Houston, TX
Pastor to Youth and their Families
Houston First Church of the Nazarene (Houston, TX)
About Our Church:
At Houston First Church (HFC) our mission is to invite people into a transforming life with Christ.
We are committed to inviting our community into authentic relationship with Jesus and seeing families transformed. Houston First is located in the North West Houston area. We are a multi-generational, culturally and economically diverse church. Currently, we have two services (English and Spanish) and average between 350-400 between the two services. We have just remodeled several spaces on campus includes our gym and student ministry spaces. We have 5 local missional partners that include a local food pantry, Celebrate Recovery, and ATA (Anti-Trafficking Alliance). We also have an ongoing missional partnership with a church and child development center in El Factor, Dominican Republic.
Who We Are Seeking:
At HFC, we believe that youth ministry is vitally important. The 6th-12thgrade years are some of the most critically formative years. This is an important time for students to come to know Christ, own their faith, form life changing spiritual habits, and put that faith into action.
We are searching for a full-time youth pastor who is called and qualified to lead a ministry focused on reaching Middle and High School for Christ and discipling young believers. We are seeking someone is capable of leading a growing program with an emphasis on building a team of volunteers and equipping parents to spiritually lead their families in this challenging culture. The ministry of a Youth Pastor is unique and specialized. It requires biblical knowledge and a variety of skills. Most importantly, the Pastor of Student Ministries must love students, have a deep passion for them to put their trust in God, and grow in their faith. If this is you keep reading...
YOU ARE (QUALIFICATIONS). . .
· A Christ Follower whose moral character models a Christian lifestyle for students and their families.
· In harmony with the Church of the Nazarene’s core statements of belief.
· Knowledgeable about middle and high school students. This includes a basic understanding of age-level characteristics, child psychology, and teaching/learning theory.
· Able to build a team that is center around the mission of the HFC Student Ministry.
· Driven and passionate to reach students (both inside and outside the church) who do not know Christ yet.
· A strong communicator who is able to connect effectively and consistently with kids, volunteers, staff and parents.
· An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader(s) of their child’s spiritual development.
· A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills.
· A team player and team builder who focuses on the values of the entire church.
· Creative. The Student Pastor must develop worship experiences and other programs, which will capture the interest of students as we teach Biblical truths.
· Teachable and sensitive to God’s leadership.
YOU WILL (Ministry Description):
• Organize and coordinate a balanced approach to youth ministry that includes reaching out to the community, discipleship, worship, and serving inside and outside the church.
• Recruit, empower, and train a youth staff with the mission of growth.
• Plan and direct all youth activities events. This also includes timely and creative promotion of events.
• Create a system that is focused on welcoming guests, following up on guest, anticipating and assimilating new students into Student Ministry.
• Communicate and help to equip parents of students
• Pastor and counsel students through the various events and stages of life
• Manage the Student Ministry portion of the website and social media platforms
• Work in harmony with rest of the staff in planning all-church services, events, and other ministry opportunities. This includes a weekly staff meeting.
• Work with the HFC Children’s Ministry and Children’s Pastor to build a harmonious program for students. Specifically strategizing how to best transition students from elementary school to middle school.
• Keep up-to-date on student culture and student ministry culture. Always seeking to discover new ways to better minister to students.
• Prepare and administer the Student Ministry budget.
• Comply with all established church policies and work within the overall vision of the church
• Occasionally be available for hospital/care visits
• Serve as Staff Advisor for church board committees as assigned by the pastor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· Daily schedule - regular office hours shall be kept as established with the Lead Pastor.
· Staff meetings - regular attendance at all staff meetings
· Accountability directly to the senior pastor
· Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the total good of the church
· Consult senior pastor on plans and policies.