Associate Pastor – Full Time
Skyview Community Church of the Nazarene (SCCN) is a growing, vibrant, intergenerational, and multicultural congregation in Northwest Calgary. We are seeking a full time Associate Pastor who has a clear sense of pastoral calling and who desires to serve the local church by supporting the senior pastor in leading SCCN to fulfill its mission: to help people come to know Jesus and to grow into mature followers in Him for the sake of our city and our world.
We are looking for an experienced, competent and relational leader who shares our conviction that God has a plan and purpose for our church within our community, anchored around five values: communion with God, thanksgiving, generous hospitality, intergenerational ministry, and transparency.
Eligible candidates will have a proven record of pastoral leadership, administrative ability, and effective written and oral communication. If not credentialled (ordained or licensed ministers), the successful candidate will be required to take this step with the Church of the Nazarene and align with the Church of the Nazarene’s core values, beliefs and articles of faith. For detailed information please visit http://nazarene.org. Educational requirements for this position include theological training at a bachelor’s degree level or higher from an accredited school, or acceptable equivalents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following abilities and traits:
· Committed follower of Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and models an authentic relationship with Jesus in all aspects of life.
· Genuine love for people and the church.
· Experienced, dynamic leader.
· Gifted in administrative and organizational leadership.
· Experience working with diverse groups of people (e.g., age, ethnicity, socio-economic, personality).
· Demonstrates self-discipline, self-motivation, and results-oriented contributions.
· Skilled in both verbal and non-verbal communication.
· Highly adaptable and resilient, with the ability to navigate well through change.
· Addresses and confronts conflict without hesitation, with grace, care, and tact.
· Loyal, energetic and spirit-filled co-laborer who works as a team player.
· Strong commitment to excellence both personally and professionally.
· Ability to build teams and create systems to achieve measurable progress.
· Ability to recognize and support staff needs alongside the Senior Pastor.
· A lifelong learner committed to ongoing spiritual formation and professional development.
Potential areas of ministry oversight may include some of the following, though exact areas are open and subject to further discussion and discernment during the hiring process:
· Age Group Ministry (children, youth, young adult)
· Missional Communities (discipleship and outreach groups)
· Pastoral Care and Connecting Newcomers
· Preaching experience is not essential or core to this position, however, may be an asset
More information about SCCN can be found at www.skyviewchurch.ca, notably the “About Us” page and “Connect” page where you can access online sermons and our congregation’s latest newsletter.
Review of applications will begin September 1st, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Ideally the successful candidate will begin employment sometime in October or November 2019. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a resume, a letter of application, and arrange to have two letters of reference (pastoral, character) sent directly to:
Skyview Community Church of the Nazarene
Attention: Melaina Graham
9685 Harvest Hills Blvd. NW
Calgary Alberta T3K 2M3
PH: (403) 250-8844