Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry is to report weekly to the Lead Pastor for ministry and spiritual guidance. The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry is also accountable to the local church board.
The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry is to develop young disciples of Christ through worship, education, evangelism, and compassionate ministries. He or She is also to serve as a spiritual leader and example of Christian Holiness.
- Lead with vision and strategy for NYI ministries at Mt. Olive.
- Evaluate how youth ministry programs and environments are successful.
- Implement the Orange Strategy which includes:
connect with parents who attend church through parent cue, face to face, and annual meetings
connect with parents who do not attend through annual meeting and monthly phone calls, and parent cue.
- organizing a team of adult leaders (must be able to motivate adults)
- Broaden the base of small group leaders and volunteers for youth ministry.
- Host monthly meetings with adult volunteers for planning and evaluation.
- Participate in monthly Leadership meetings (First Sunday of the month.)
- connecting with parents to aid in discipleship
Train leaders in Lead Small principles for Wednesday breakouts.
Encourage leaders connect with youth and family during the week.
Make sure each mentor has gone through Naz safe training and background check.
- training and implementing adult spiritual mentors/group leaders
Produce effective and consistent environments to engage youth and families.
Create a visually appealing culture and environment for youth
- presenting God’s truth in organized, exciting, and engaging ways
Work with ministry leadership to recruit youth to help in other parts of church ministry.
Create a culture where service is expected.
- recruiting youth to serve in this local church
- Build and manage a team to plan fellowship and spiritual growth events
- Utilize adult volunteers to plan trips, fun events, and spiritual growth activities
- Manage MAD ministry to benefit youth and the church.
- Advocate for youth in local church and community.
- Present reports for board meetings
- Give congregation opportunities to support youth financially and spirutally
- Help Lead Pastor provide pastoral care for youth.
- Aid Children’s ministry in implementing Orange Strategy.
- Support and accountability for Children’s Director.
- Help with volunteer training and problem solving.
- Aid in strategic steps of implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND APPTITUDES:
- Be a disciple of Jesus.
- Embody and teach Nazarene Doctrine.
- Have a call to lead youth ministry.
- Willing to dedicate appropriate time each week to ministry efforts.
- Must work well and be able to motivate adult leaders and volunteers.
- Possess developed verbal and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage financial resources and other ministry resources.
- A willingness to work well with other church ministries in organizational issues.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Have or be in pursuit of ministerial credentials in the Church of the Nazarene.
- Self motivated and willing to work hard.
- The ability to be flexible and help in other areas that are not under the direct responsibility of the position.
Full-Time compesenation will be provided based on expereince with opportunites for yearly increases.
Vacation allowed is as follows, please coordinate with Sr. Pastor to schedule vacation.
1-5 years service in the denomination .................... 2 weeks paid vacation
6-10 years service in the denomination .................. 3 weeks paid vacation
11-14 years service in the denomination ................ 4 weeks paid vacation
15 or more years service in denomination .............. 5 weeks paid vacation
A travel and expense account will be available to reimburse mileage or reimburse any ministry expense for the year.