Worship Leader/PastorPosted by: Travis Barnett
Posted date: Jul-24-2019
Location: Lansing, MI
JOB DESCRIPTION: Worship Leader
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate should…
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity; possess a strong sense of
calling and identity in Christ; demonstrate leadership in being able to disciple those in
his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Lansing First Church in the area of
worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our
church; lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities.
3. Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging
Sunday morning worship service; this includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists.
4. be proficient in leading worship with a strong vocal ability; be capable of leading and
with a guitar and/or keyboard.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with
the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor, and participate in the planning
and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of
Sunday worship services.
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Lansing First Church is a growing, multi-staff congregation on the Michigan district that is poised for growth. As we continue to build the kingdom in our community, we long to prioritize 1.) relational ministry, 2.) mission driven structures, 3.) transformational discipleship, and 4. fostering a culture of equipping and empowering leaders . Additionally, we have a well-established daycare & preschool & are located in a prime spot for connecting with our community (as we are around the corner from the both the mall and the local high school/middle school).