Worship LeaderPosted by: Dylon Brown
Posted date: Jul-01-2019
Location: Newberg, Oregon
Worship Song Leader
Newberg Nazarene Church
Compensation: $100/week stipend
Our church’s vision for life together comes from Jesus’ two greatest commandments: Loving God and Loving others. And it is our hope that the members of our community develop as disciples of Jesus Christ through worshiping together, growing together, and serving together.
Many of our members lead from the front, some playing instruments and singing, and others read Scriptures, say prayers, give testimonies, give meditations, present announcements, and more. We also try to engage our children and youth as full participants in our worship times, and many of the children and youth have roles on Sunday morning before being dismissed to children’s church before the sermon.
It is our desire to have music that the congregation can sing together. We have a mixture of new songs, updated hymns, and more traditional sounding hymns. But we generally avoid songs that are meant for soloists.
Our music team is currently made up of a song leader who also plays guitar (and is leaving), a piano player, a bass guitar player, three singers, and a djembe player. So the worship music currently has a more mellow, acoustic feel to it.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who is able to lead congregational singing (ability to play an instrument is a plus).
- Someone who is reflective about the words of the songs chosen.
- Someone who has the ability to lead a team, as well as work on a team.
- Having some experience in leading music for a group of people is a plus.
- Meeting with the Lead Pastor to plan worship music based on Church Calendar/lectionary/sermon series.
- Meeting 1x/week (currently Sunday mornings) with worship team to practice.
- Helping the children to practice and be a part of the team when they participate.
- Emailing the song list, YouTube links, or other resources to the band each week.
- Uploading lyrics onto our Proclaim software each week.
- Printing songs/chord sheets from SongSelect for the worship team notebooks.
Time involved: About 4-6 hours a week