Children's PastorPosted by: Chris Galloway
Posted date: Jun-26-2019
Richardson Church of the Nazarene is looking for a Children’s Pastor! We are a growing church currently running 370 in worship. You will be joining a very strong ministry team with seven other pastoral staff and five support staff. Our church has a group of strong leaders who assist with and work in the children’s department alongside the Children’s Pastor. RCN’s primary vision is reaching the next generation through the long term discipleship of new believers. We also stress intergenerational ministry throughout our church.
Contact Chris Galloway at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION IS SHOWN BELOW
Role Title: Children’s Pastor
Supervision: Senior Pastor (Chris Galloway)
Type: Full Time Position
• BE A PASTOR to children, their families and the volunteers in the children’s ministry department.
• BE PASSIONATE about Christ and the church in your own spiritual walk. Live this out in a way that causes volunteers and children to desire to follow you as you follow Christ.
• BE A WORSHIPER with the children as you lead weekly children’s service and other activities including preaching in Children’s Church.
• BE A PART OF THE TEAM of pastors and staff at RCN as we work together in reaching the DFW area.
• BE VISIONARY as you administrate the children’s ministry with a focus both towards discipleship and reaching others with the hope of Jesus!
No job description can hope to capture the heart of ministry. To this end, the overarching role of the Children’s Pastor at RCN is to be a minster of the gospel of Jesus Christ who uses children’s ministry as an avenue of reaching and discipling others into His image. The successful children’s pastor will not be a person who merely checks off a list of things to do. Instead, he or she will be a person who seeks to glorify God by ministering to and through children and their families. The preceding list is a summary of responsibilities. From time to time other duties may be necessary to carry out the work of the Kingdom. If you would like a fuller description of the position, feel free to contact Chris Galloway at email@example.com.