Youth PastorPosted by: Dan Burris
Posted date: Jan-16-2019
Fairfield Church of the Nazarene
Staff Position: Youth Pastor
Summary of Position: A staff position that will provide vision, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Youth Ministry.
The Fairfield Church of the Nazarene has the mission to share with all the life transforming love of Jesus Christ and the full life He desires for each of us.
1. Vision: Have a vision and plan to see the mission of the church impact the community of faith and the community of Cincinnati.
A. Disciple youth of the church.
B. Reach youth in the community.
2. Ministry: Develop a ministry that will disciple students and families.
A. Work with Senior Pastor and Youth Council to plan a comprehensive ministry to youth and families to include 7th-12th grade students.
B. Disciple Youth. Presently this is done through Sunday School, Youth Service on Sunday evening, Wednesday Night Ministry and other events for students. The key goal in youth ministry is to deepen the walk of the youth with Christ.
C. Connection with our local schools. Lunch with students and connections with the administration of the schools.
D. Connect with youth in a small group atmosphere and individually. This would include attending school events, taking students out to talk and meeting with families in the home.
E. Connect with new youth when they visit the church.
F. Connect youth to district events offered by our denomination.
3. Leadership and Administration
A. Lead Youth Council in planning for Youth Ministry.
B. Recruit and train capable laypeople and students to serve in ministry.
C. Work with the Church Staff in creating a holistic ministry to all generations.
D. Develop and maintain oversight of the Youth budget.
E. Have regular office hours.
F. Use information technology skills to assist church in ministry.
G. Attend weekly church staff meetings.
H. Turn in work plan on how hours will be spent in this position.
A. Provide direct pastoral care.
B. Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
1. A personal and growing relationship with Christ.
2. A call to ministry.
3. A teachable spirit
4. A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
5. Supports the doctrine of the Church of the Nazarene
6. Self-motivator with a passion for ministry.
7. Ability to connect youth ministry into the vision and mission of the church.
1. Provide you with a staff salary package to support you in your ministry.
2. Provide paid vacation per the personnel policy of the church.
3. Provide training to develop you as a person and leader.
4. Provide a Youth ministry budget.
5. Pray for you.
6. Serve with you in ministry.
7. Support you in ministry.
8. Encourage you and walk with you in ministry.