Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Full-timePosted by: Tim Bourland
Posted date: Sep-06-2018
Location: KANSAS CITY
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Type of Staff: Full Time (Exempt)
Reports To: Director of Development
Job Overview: This position is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Kansas City Rescue Mission's major gift program. This position will also be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major donors that result in increased gifts and identifying new prospects.
* Must conform to KCRM’s Qualifications for Employment, support the Statement of Belief, and Mission, Vision and Values as outlined in the KCRM Employee Handbook.
* Must possess a strong Christian character and be loyal, patient, tactful, pliable, and teachable with a clear conviction and calling to serve the Lord in ministry.
* Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
* At least five years successful experience in major and planned gift fundraising preferably in the social services industry
* Ability to understand the vision, needs and interests of leadership and major donors to develop more deeply engaged relationships resulting in enhanced giving
* Interest in all aspects of rescue mission wo rk and a dedication to promoting KCRM's fundraising priorities by fostering relationships built on mutual respect and understanding with staff, board member, volunteers, and the development team.
* Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
* Successful experience making cold calls and developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
* Established corporate contacts in the Kansas City metropolitan area
* Willing to travel in own clean, reliable vehicle
* Maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
* Experience with Microsoft Office products
* Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with donors identified as “major donors” by the development and executive teams.
* Establish annual budgetary goals in consultation with the director of development and executive director, and develop strategies to reach them.
* Craft correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements and regular communications as part of the major gifts development strategy.
* Manage relationships with donors, identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding them in their partnerships with KCRM.
* Work collaboratively with and in support of the development team, executive team, volunteers, and other KCRM representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for organization-wide priorities.
* Monitor prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
* Recommend and assist with planning and programming involving the executive director, director of development, other directors, staff leaders and key volunteers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
* Manage prospects outside the Kansas City metropolitan area, including travel to other states at KCRM’s expense.
* Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts between leadership and major donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in a timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhering to the highest ethical standards; demonstrating an empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflecting a optimistic and positive attitude, and conveying sensitivity to needs of the donor.
* Work collaboratively with development team members.
* Offer prospect strategy counsel to the director of development.
* Work collaboratively with the executive team and contribute ideas and guidance regarding donor involvement.
* Focus on securing support for a set of organization-wide priorities that include unrestricted support, facility renovations and improvements and new facilities.
* Assist with cultivation and recognition events.
* Maintain major donor prospects and donor records in DonorPerfect.