Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Worship & ArtsPosted by: Stephen Zirkle
Posted date: Aug-03-2018
Location: Westlake, OH
The associate pastor will have the responsibility of the worship ministry of Parkside Church of the Nazarene. The Associate Pastor will also have the responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the youth ministry of Parkside Church of the Nazarene.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE, but not limited to:
• Keep regular office hours, with the day beginning with the predetermined office hours of the church office. One day off per week will be granted.
• Attend all staff meetings. Be prepared to report on the current ministry activities.
• Attend church board meeting when requested, as a nonvoting participant.
• Cooperate fully and work in harmony with the entire staff for the good of the church.
• Consult the Senior Pastor on plans and policies.
• Call and visitation responsibilities assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Preaching responsibilities upon pastoral absence or upon request.
• Possible teaching responsibilities where needed.
• Assist other staff members in church wide events as scheduled on the church calendar, etc.
• Be accountable directly to the Senior Pastor.
WORSHIP MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead in the music program at the church.
• Direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program.
• Assist the Senior Pastor in planning the congregational services of the church and be responsible for selecting all worship music, including special music.
• Schedule instrumentalists and special singing for Sunday worship services.
• Plan, organize, and promote special seasonal programs.
• Plan additional special services as required.
• Provide suggestions and solutions to possible improvements in the music program of the church to the Senior Pastor.
• Make suggestions to the Finance Team for the care and maintenance of all musical instruments and related items.
• Must keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotional ideas, music outreach, and administrative techniques.