Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Worship & ArtsPosted by: Jared Mathison
Posted date: Jun-13-2018
Location: DeMotte, IN
Part-Time Worship Arts Leader
DeMotte First Church of the Nazarene is seeking an eager, talented, and energetic Worship Arts Leader who is excited about outreach and cultivating a sacred environment in which to worship the Lord.
DeMotte First Church of the Nazarene is a smaller church—around 40-50 regular attenders—that is eager to reach out to our community of Northwest Indiana in a very tangible way. We participate in many community outreach opportunities on a regular basis. There is opportunity for growth, both as a church and within the “Worship Arts Leader” position. Though the church consists of primarily older congregants, younger families have worked their way into the ranks, and because of this, the church is experiencing growth. DeMotte First Church of the Nazarene is a congregation that is very generous with its time, talent, and resources, and strives to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our city and the surrounding area, and with the help of an enthusiastic Worship Arts Leader, we could get pushed to the next level and see a very real revival in our church and in our community.
DeMotte First Church of the Nazarene is located at:
5780 W State Road 10,
DeMotte, IN 46310
Our physical location is just off of State Road 10 and 231, nicely placed on a 10 acre plot of land with plenty of room for growth and expansion.
For more information about DeMotte First Church of the Nazarene, please visit our website:
Please understand, this is a PART-TIME position. Compensation can be negotiable, but will have to be bi-vocational.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- - Report to Senior Pastor on a weekly basis to collaborate on future worship services and set-lists
- - Attend monthly board meetings
- - Recruit other musicians and singers (both in-church and out-of-church) to participate in praise team on a regular basis
- - Organize weekly or bi-weekly worship practice sessions
- - Introduce new songs to the praise team and, in turn, to the congregation
- - Develop a healthy balance of hymns and contemporary music
- - Align oneself with the Church of the Nazarene’s Articles of Faith and Doctrine of Beliefs as stated in the Church of the Nazarene Manual
- - Participate in community outreach
- - Strive to grow closer to Jesus through prayer, fasting, and other spiritual disciplines, including the reading of the Word both corporately and privately
Qualifications and Skills
- - Must be proficient in your instrument(s)
- - 1 year of experience in leadership and communication preferred
- - Must know how to recruit others to participate in the job at hand
- - Must be (at least) in the process of obtaining a District Minister’s License in the Church of the Nazarene
For more information about the Worship Arts Leader position, or if you would like to submit your resume, please contact Pastor Jared Mathison at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 620-8803