Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: ChildrenPosted by: Gary Davey
Posted date: Mar-14-2018
Location: Spencer, IN
We prefer a couple willing to invest in our church and community. At present, we are budgeted at $420 a week for a Daycare Director. Would you pray about supplementing your income and/or having your spouse work full time in the community? Our people mostly work in town or in Bloomington (20 minutes away).
We would be especially blessed if your spouse was willing to work with youth on a volunteer basis! (We model this ethic as a ministerial couple.)
Daycare Director Job Description
Spencer First Church of the Nazarene
We encourage the director to maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer and Christian community. This will help cultivate a desire to share the Gospel with children and their families. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children, and have the ability to function as an administrator.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the daycare/preschool program.
· Demonstrate leadership of marketing, advertisement, staff and child recruitment, curriculum development, classroom management and staff development.
· Coordinate staff hiring, training, orientation, and scheduling.
· Track attendance and time worked by director and staff. Monitor financial status, stay on budget, and maintain staff wage and raise information.
· Ensure that staff and director are up to date on all mandatory certifications.
· Manage the staff, children, and operation files. Maintain confidentiality.
· Implement classroom practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly environment.
· Provide a written plan of activities and lesson plans.
· Maintain a positive and respectful disciplinary approach using documentation as warranted.
· Work cooperatively with the preschool staff, Daycare Board, and other ministry directors to educate and keep everyone informed about the daycare/preschool program.
· Represent the preschool in church activities helping to maintain a positive relationship among students, staff, parents, congregation, and community.
· Exhibit professionalism, maintain a well-groomed appearance; be willing and able to work in a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
· Plan special events, trips, parties, activities with Daycare Board approval.
· Deal quickly and kindly with any parental issues.
· Arrange for nutritious snacks, keeping in mind any food allergies.
· Order and manage supplies and equipment; report any operation issues that need immediate attention.
· Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of the ministry facilities and grounds.
· Conduct fire and disaster drills.
· Communicate with state and local regulatory agencies and conform to regulations. Any infractions should be promptly addressed.
· Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Education and Training
· Completion of a high school diploma or equivalency.
· Current CPR certification.
This is a general description of the nature and level of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other functions essential for effective job performance. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. You may be asked to perform other duties as needed.