Worship PastorPosted by: Chris Galloway
Posted date: Mar-02-2018
Location: Richardson, TX
Richardson Church of the Nazarene is looking for a worship pastor! We are a growing church currently running 375 to 400 in worship. Our location in Collin County, Texas is one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. And, the area around our church is busting at the seams with new growth as part of the CityLine development.
You will be joining a very strong ministry team with seven other pastoral staff members and five support staff. Our Creative Arts department is vibrant and strong with over seventy active participants involved in praise team, choir, band, orchestra, media/tech, drama, and discipleship ministries. As a church, RCN’s primary focus is on long term discipleship of new believers. We also stress intergenerational ministry throughout our church.
Contact Chris Galloway at email@example.com for more information.
A SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION IS SHOWN BELOW
Role Title: Worship Pastor
Supervision: Senior Pastor (Chris Galloway)
Type: Full Time Position
• Leadership and supervision of all worship ministries.
• Assist in pastoral care of music ministry team members.
• Prepare materials for worship events and activities.
• Be part of the larger RCN ministry team as we work together in reaching the DFW area for Christ.
No job description can hope to capture the heart of ministry. To this end, the overarching role of the worship pastor at RCN is to be a minster of the gospel of Jesus Christ who uses worship ministry as an avenue of reaching and discipling others into His image. The successful worship leader will not be a person who merely checks off a list of things to do. Instead, he or she will be a person who seeks to glorify God by causing us to bring our best worship before God. The following are a summary of duties and responsibilities. From time to time other duties may be necessary to carry out the work of the Kingdom.
• Spend time in prayer for the music ministry of RCN.
• Development of worship orders in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
• Prepare all necessary media for iPads, sheet music, etc. for praise team, choir, band, and orchestra.
• Post chord charts, music, MP3's etc. in advance for the team to practice prior to rehearsal.
• Lead rehearsal and devotional times for orchestra, choir, and other worship teams.
• Serve as coordinator for setup and takedown of weekly worship items and props.
• Participate in annual staff retreats, weekly staff meetings, and weekly sermon feedback sessions.
• Set an example of holy living and assist music team members as they grow in Christ daily.
• Lead the Worship Ministry Council in monthly meetings as it directs RCN’s worship arts ministry.
• Recruit, train, and encourage new participants in the various areas of creative arts ministry.
• Develop and administer a worship ministries budget in consultation with the church Administrator.
• Promote intergenerational ministry by creating opportunities for children and youth to participate in worship ministry.
• Oversee development of annual musical and drama programs for special days and events.
• Facilitate media and music for special days and events in the life of the church.
• Oversee media team. This includes recruiting and training new members as needed.
• Set an example by supporting leadership and tithing.
• Be a team player who works well with other staff members.
• Promote discipleship by being a visionary leader who develops future leaders for the kingdom.
• Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Senior Pastor.
• On occasion, assist in pastoral and/or hospital visitation as assigned.
• Participating in pastoral care activities including marriages and funerals.