Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Full-timePosted by: Todd Richardson
Posted date: Feb-26-2018
MEDFORD FIRST CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
ABOUT MEDFORD FIRST CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
Medford First is a thriving multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-congregational church with a focus on helping people take their next-steps in finding & following Jesus.
In the past three years we have seen strong growth in both gathering people for worship and in sending them out on mission. We’ve grown from 800 to nearly 1,400 in weekend worship attendance, launched a growing Spanish-speaking congregation, launched a growing online campus, increased engagement with our neighborhood in community transformation and strengthened relationships with our local and global mission partners.
Our Mission – Helping people take their next steps in finding and following Jesus.
Our Values – We are: Loving, Authentic, Growing, Optimistic, Generous, and Missional
ABOUT THE CAMPUS TECH DIRECTOR ROLE
The Tech Director will oversee and facilitate campus-wide IT and technical A/V support environments of worship services, rehearsals, and special events in every weekend worship venue at Medford First Church of the Nazarene.
This means the operation of networks, computers, IP security, phones, websites, and in-house video production, technical support to our on-line campus, all tech enabled venues, mid-week and weekend IT support roles, technical website support and A/V support for special mid-week services or events.
This means recruiting leaders and team members to assist in various technical support roles, and implementing strategies of training and development.
The primary measure for success is the reliable, effective operation of campus-wide tech and the technical A/V execution of healthy, distraction-free environments of weekend worship & special events in each venue.
Executive Director of Church Operations
POSITIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
Executive Director of Church Operations and Worship Pastor
ALSO WORKS WITH:
All Staff and Volunteer Department Directors
At the end of the day the Tech Director is responsible for the reliable, effective operation of campus-wide technology and A/V.
GENERAL AREAS OF OVERSIGHT
1. Organizational Office Support
• Oversight and maintenance of computer network, helpdesk, phones, IP cameras
• Technical Management of various websites, and apps
• Facilitate tech support for all tech enabled venues
• Update tech throughout campus as necessary
2. Weekend Worship Experiences
• Facilitate all A/V tech for weekend worship experiences (WC, chapel, gym, on-line)
• Collaboration in staging and platform design
• Ensure all A/V equipment is maintained, set, and in working condition
• Ensure all media is prepared for weekend worship (countdowns, loops, roll-ins, etc.)
• Management of volunteers & personnel scheduling, & ensuring that teams are in place
• Participation in Service Evaluation Meeting
• Exploring and researching other A/V environments of worship
• Management of the Online Campus and scheduling of volunteers
• Oversight of the production of all weekend experiences for all venues
• Management of media assets
3. Manage the Tech Budget
• Develop and implement an annual budget for IT & A/V technical needs
• Create a process for maintenance and purchasing of equipment
• Research, write and submit proposals for additional needs as warranted
4. Team Building and Volunteer Support
• Provide tech assistance to volunteers as needed
• Develop and implement a process of recruitment and training
• Work to empower teams and individuals to take next steps in leadership
• Create experiences of learning and development for multiple age departments
• Create a culture of teamwork and growth through encouragement and accountability
5. Projects & Collaborative Areas
• Quality control & execution of media produced for weekend worship
• Inventory and management of campus-wide IT & A/V equipment
• Plan tech project upgrades on an annual basis
• Special services & worship experiences
• Participation in Creative Team Meetings
OTHER AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT
• Multi-venue and multi-site technical support
• Operations & Gather Team Meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• H.S. Diploma
• Windows 7 & 10
• Server 21012r2
• Cisco Networking
• Ubiquiti Wireless AP’s and IP Camera