Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: DistrictPosted by: Rev. Jennifer Jensen
Posted date: Feb-14-2018
Location: Momence, IL
Momence First COTN: Loving Jesus by loving our community. www.momencefirst.com
Associate Pastor Job Description 2018
Purpose of the Role:
To work in harmony with the lead pastor, to have a firm understanding of the mission and strategy and vision of Momence First and to work alongside all those in ministry in the community and congregation to further the Kingdom of God in Momence, IL. Role may be either part time (20 hours) or full time (40 hours) per week depending on candidate desire and need for co-vocational responsibilities.
It would be a tremendous benefit if the associate pastor were bi-lingual in Spanish and English. It is not required for the role, however.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Develop action plans for reaching the community
· Developing and meeting goals for outreach in the community
· Collaborate with the lead pastor on sermon strategy and provide weekly feedback on manuscripts
· Assist with creative elements of Sunday morning: videos, song selection, etc.
· Participate in Sunday morning worship in various ways: welcome, offertory prayer, scripture reading
· Assist with preparing and serving the communion elements every week
· Function as back up pastor as needed (be ready to preach, pray, sing, or die)
· Develop a plan for following up with guests, tracking attendance, and reaching out to missing regulars
· Participate in hospital visitation, funeral attendance, wedding attendance, etc. for parishioners and community members (may perform ceremonies from time to time)
· Participate in and attend local, zone, district, and general church events including those not affiliated specifically with the Church of the Nazarene (Global Leadership Summit, POPS, Momence Ministerial Association events, etc.)
· Volunteer weekly at the Momence Youth Center
· Provide oversight and appointment assistance to laundry/respite house ministry in little house
· Assist with coordinating work and witness efforts in Momence
· Build local compassionate ministry work alongside lead pastor
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation at this time includes housing in a well-maintained 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, parsonage on the church grounds – including utilities other than phone and cable. Church Wi-Fi provided, reaches the parsonage (signal amplifier and technical support in maximizing this are available). SECA offset (taxable as income) provided weekly.
As church grows and annually, compensation will be revisited with the potential for salary and benefits as available.
Contact Rev. Jennifer Jensen, Lead Pastor at Momence First COTN: email@example.com