Worship/Creative Arts PastorPosted by: Matt Hawkins
Posted date: Feb-13-2018
Location: Houston, TX
Worship & Creative Arts PastorHouston First Job Description
ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
Houston First Church is committed to seeing people Reimagine Life with Jesus. We believe that Jesus Christ transforms hearts, families, marriages, and communities. The values that drive our ministries are these: We want to Respond to God’s great love for us (Worship); Realign our lives to God’s way of living; Rebuild Authentic Community; seek to Restore the Brokenness around us; and Reveal His Light in the world. These values compel us to have a heavy focus on outreach where we are devoted to reaching our community for Christ. HFC is located in Northwest Houston. We are a multi-generational and culturally diverse church. Led by our core values, Houston First has a vision to soon expand to be a multi-site church.
Church Membership Size – 350-400| Denomination – Church of the Nazarene | Location – Houston, TX
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The role of the Worship and Creative Arts Pastor is to manage all aspects of Worship, Media and Creative Arts Ministry for Houston First Church under the direction of and in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and to raise and develop teams of volunteers under the position.
Success in this role will be determined by the following:
· More congregational engagement in worship is evident as a result of this position.
· The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has developed larger worship and A/V teams.
· The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has lead and nurtured these teams to greater spiritual depth and created a deeper sense of ownership.
· The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has added more creative elements into service via video creation, lighting, visuals, etc.
· The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has created a larger online presence for the church via website and social media.
WHAT WE ARE SEARCHING FOR:
The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor for Houston First will be an experienced worship and media leader whose heart for worship and compassion to invest in the lives of others is clearly evident in all that he/she does. This pastor will be a passionate, Spirit-filled, creative visionary who enjoys developing future leaders and is a solid team-player, never shying away from lending a helping hand. The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor will lead all components of the worship programming including music, audio, video, lighting, creative elements and work in conjunction with the Sr. Pastor to help in sermon planning. This individual will successfully take our worship experience to the next level, by way of developing strong teams, increasing the quality of authenticity, and proficiently managing multi-faceted tasks. This role will also have a key responsibility for developing leaders. Hence, this individual will possess an aptitude for recruiting, training, inspiring, and mobilizing individuals and teams. The successful candidate must embody the kind of energy and integrity that others seek to follow.
· Plan and lead Spirit-filled, vibrant and authentic worship services. Bring fresh excitement, energy, creativity, focus and vision to the worship experience.
· Oversee the creative direction of worship services using numerous outlets to help enhance the worship experience.
· Work with the Sr. Pastor in developing a creative Worship strategy.
· Recruit, lead, develop, and inspire the worship team and others, while serving with a joyful spirit.
· Responsible for weekly rehearsals to ensure that the musical component of the church’s worship experience is done with professionalism and excellence.
· Responsible for the production of videos, graphics, sermon bumpers, and other creative elements for Sunday worship programming.
· Responsible for the promotion of the Worship & Creative Arts ministry through multiple platforms.
· Responsible for the configuration, planning, production, and release of all our online service broadcasts.
· Support the long-term intention to add multisite campuses.
· Work with the Administrative Pastor to help develop and oversee teams of volunteers to help the church advance in its Communications & Media Ministry.
· Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Pastor.
This individual should be both filled with and led by God’s Spirit. They must maintain a close personal relationship with God through study, prayer and accountability. They must have a heart for service and reaching the lost. It is in this spirit of love and cooperation with God that the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor exhibits the following:
· Must be in agreement with the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of Houston First Church.
· Possess a contagious and passionate spirit for worship.
· Be an authentic and strong team-player who is enthusiastic about helping fellow staff members, when needed, with the goal of furthering God’s kingdom.
· Ability to relate to multi-generational audiences.
· Ability to attract, assess and equip volunteers and develop them to their fullest potential. Possess a proven track record of developing leaders.
· Capable of working with volunteers from a variety of musical knowledge and experience.
· Experienced in audio/visual and computing technology
· Knowledge and experience using Planning Center is preferred.
· Experience in and competency with developing creative assets including programs like ProPresenter, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator among others is preferred.
· Willingness to learn new technology and keep abreast of new changes within the worship ministry field.
· Excellent communication skills.
Houston First Church’s vision is to see people ReImagine Life with Jesus. Your role is vital in our mission. While our staff is made up of multiple ministries, we all work together as one team and we do not hesitate to jump on board to help one another, when needed. If you are a passionate worship leader who desires to be part a strong team atmosphere that is committed to reaching its community for Christ, you sound like a great fit at Houston First Church! If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com . Kindly include your resume and links to videos of worship led by you as a sample. Thank you!