Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Full-timePosted by: Heather Ross
Posted date: Feb-05-2018
Location: Houston, TX
Children’s PastorLiving Word Church Job Description
ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
Living Word Church (LWC) is committed to seeing lives transformed by the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ. The values that drive our ministry are sharing our faith, strengthening one another, serving God and others and praying for the miraculous. These values compel us to have a heavy focus on outreach where we are devoted to reaching our community for Christ. LWC is located in West Houston. We are a multi-generational and culturally diverse church. Led by our core values, Living Word has a vision to soon expand to be a multi-site church.
Church Membership Size – 1,000+ | Denomination – Church of the Nazarene | Location – Houston, TX | Job – Full-Time
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Children’s Ministry Pastor is to provide the leadership, vision, and direction necessary to make a generational impact for Christ in the lives of children (infant – 6th grade) and their families. The Children’s Pastor will not only train, organize and empower a strong team of leaders to work toward life-change in every child in the community, but will also equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. Specifically, this position will lead and manage children’s programming for all weekly, summer and community outreach activities.
Success in this role will be determined by the following:
· Increased involvement across ministry volunteer base and parents.
· The development of an effective ministry to children that leads to church growth.
· The creation and provision of a completely safe environment through the proper use of ‘MinistrySafe’ procedures.
· Expansion of ministry and outreach programming that is fun, creative, energetic, life-giving, biblically rooted, and discipleship-oriented.
WHAT WE ARE SEARCHING FOR:
Living Word Church is seeking a passionate, authentic, high-energy and motivated individual who can work both independently and collaboratively as the Children’s Pastor. They will possess a pioneering spirit with a tireless desire to nurture, expand, and maximize the potential of the Children’s Ministry at LWC. This person must thrive on constant improvement and be a dynamic collaborative team player. The successful candidate will creatively cast vision, develop strategies, inspire volunteers, and build a sustainable system to make LWC Children’s Ministry both exciting, relevant and excellent. The ideal candidate will be creative and imaginative, with an enthusiastic and relational drive. They will be gifted in leadership, teaching, mentoring, administration, strategic planning, and possess strong organizational skills in order to effectively achieve the expectations of the position. The successful candidate will possess the ability to create, build, and maintain a fun ‘kid-friendly’ Children’s Ministry program through efficient planning, implementation, and execution, with its ultimate goal being to contribute to the spiritual development of children.
This individual will also be a committed team player and proven collaborator with an authenticity and passion for the next generation that exudes beyond their realm of responsibility. They will have experience managing teams and building leaders with a high degree of innovation, development, and sustainable implementation. They will be an inspiring leader who can motivate staff and volunteers to give of their time and energy to build a strong and growing ministry, and steward the development of this ministry within the context of the overall vision of the church. Partnering with parents to equip them to spiritually nurture their children is a key philosophy for Children’s Ministry at LWC. This individual will have an enduring passion for connecting with new and returning families, and look for ways for the church to reach out, connect, and embrace un-churched children within the surrounding community. The Children’s Pastor will need to view Children’s Ministry as an outreach opportunity or door to the Church. The Children’s Pastor will partner with the Youth Pastor and the Spanish Ministry’s Children’s Ministry to work together to strategize, develop and implement outreach events which will not only help touch unreached children but also strengthen the spiritual formation of the families in the community.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing a ministry and of working in a ministry setting that has interactions with people from multi-cultural and multi-generational backgrounds. As the leader of the Children’s Ministry, they will have a strong understanding of contemporary youth culture and family dynamics within the context of a growing church. This individual will be marked by an approachable and relatable pastoral personality that identifies across diverse age groups, from children to adults. Proficiency in conversational Spanish is a plus but not required. We desire a candidate who is motivated and passionate about winning and making disciples of children. There needs to be strong sense of vocational call, and a realization of the need for total dependence on the help of the Holy Spirit in all matters.
· Work with the Lead Pastor in developing a Children’s Ministry strategy that produces sustainable growth.
· Responsible for the planning and execution of an exciting and dynamic elementary aged worship experience every Sunday (including worship and music, video, teaching, games, and any other creative elements).
· Ensure the safety, both physically and emotionally, of all children who participate in Children’s Ministry.
· Strategize, implement, and oversee the development of new and different programs that connect with the children and families in our church and community. Work closely with Youth Pastor and Spanish Ministry’s Children’s Ministry.
· Be involved in the community & local schools and develop strategies to connect children of our community with LWC.
· Communicate consistently with parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities as well as providing the tools they need for spiritual leadership. Effectively help build a strong partnership between church and family.
· Provide ongoing recruitment, direction and regular leadership development trainings (including Church Community Builder software training) for all Children’s Ministry staff and 50+ volunteers.
· Responsible for administering and developing the comprehensive standards, curricula, and programming elements for each area of oversight, and ensure its successful implementation and alignment with the overall vision of the church.
· Oversee the setup and operation of all children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, setup and tear down.
· Responsible for the promotion of Children’s Ministry through multiple platforms, including social media.
· Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
This individual should be both filled with and led by God’s Spirit. They must maintain a close personal relationship with God through study, prayer and accountability. They must have a heart for service and reaching the lost. It is in this spirit of love and cooperation with God that the Children’s Pastor exhibits the following:
· A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Must be in agreement with the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of LWC.
· Although experience with the direction and administration of church Children’s Ministries is preferred, we are also open to candidates with other backgrounds who have a strong passion and calling for ministering to children and families.
· An authentic and strong team-player who is enthusiastic about helping fellow staff members, when needed, with the goal of furthering God’s kingdom.
· Ability to attract, assess and equip volunteers and develop them to their fullest potential. Possess a proven track record of developing leaders to minister to children and families.
· Capable of working with volunteers from a variety of background and experiences.
· Ability to create fun and engaging community-wide events for children and their families.
· Ability to craft and cultivate relevant, high energy, multi-sensory, and age-appropriate environments for kids.
· Passionate about learning new technology and keeping abreast of changes within the Children’s Ministry field. Ability to integrate latest technology into curriculum design and application.
· Motivated to always keep current on and implement the most modern and creative approaches to learning and teaching.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
· Knowledge and experience working with Church Community Builder system and MinistrySafe is preferred.
· Proficiency in Spanish is highly preferred but not required.
Living Word Church’s vision is to see lives transformed through the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ. Your role is vital in our mission. While our staff is made up of multiple ministries, we all work together as one team and we do not hesitate to jump on board to help one another, when needed. If you are a passionate Children’s Ministry leader who desires to be part a strong team atmosphere that is committed to reaching its community for Christ, you sound like a great fit at Living Word Church! If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!