Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Position ClassificationPosted by: Kevin Plain
Posted date: Jan-30-2018
Citizens Church of the Nazarene is in Branson, MO and a new church plant that is now in its second official year. We have a strong core group of people but want to expand our worship by bringing in someone who will help us get worship to the next level. We are a growing church, and are contemporary in nature reaching a wide age range.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead a mostly contemporary worship service, and help grow the foundation of the music ministry at Citizens Church. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow as we grow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Citizens in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at Citizens.
3. Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Lead Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal talent. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or keyboard is necessary.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Lead Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. Prepare ProPresenter for Sunday worship, assuring lyrics are accurate, and upload Sunday sermon online within 48 hours.
9. Assist in creating and editing video announcements.
10. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
11. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of Citizens Nazarene Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
12. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 20 hours per week.
1. Strong vocal talent
2. Skilled musician on guitar or piano
3. Good leadership skills
4. Song writing ability
5. Tech savvy and able to learn programs quickly
Starting salary: 15k annually
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please submit your resume, including references, to email@example.com. Please use “Attention Worship Leader” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. Thank you.