Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: AssociatePosted by: Alan E Johnson
Posted date: Jan-19-2018
Children’s Pastor Responsibility Profile
Rogers First Church of the Nazarene
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing the children’s ministries (Early Childhood and Elementary Ministry (Birth - 6th grades) of the Rogers First Church of the Nazarene. The Children’s Pastor’s focus shall be on building wholesome Christian relationships with elementary children and their parents and discipleship. The Children’s Pastor shall be considered an Associate Pastor will of its responsibilities and privileges.
1. Be faithful in Church attendance and participation.
2. Attend regular weekly staff meetings.
3. Spend time in prayer and study of God’s Word on a daily basis.
4. Model high standards in the areas of relationships, commitment, follow-through and responsible living.
5. Communicate announcements of children’s ministry news and activities.
7. Work with all other members of the church staff and lay leaders effectively uniting with and complimenting other church ministries.
8. Oversee and Assist the Early Childhood Director and other children’s team leaders and staff.
9. Assist as needed in church wide events and ministries.
10. Be a Pastoral Presence with His House Preschool (i.e. programs, chapel, etc)
1. Focus on pastoral relationships with children and their families at all worship services, church events and children’s activities.
2. Create supportive and encouraging relationships with parents of children.
3. Attend individual children’s events and programs as possible.
4. Oversee, resource and network with other children’s staff to build a team spirit and support.
5. Work with Connection Ministries in follow-up of child guests and their families.
6. Home visitation of children of active, inactive and prospective children’s ministry members as possible.
1. Continued development of strategies for reaching children and their families and winning them to the Lord Jesus and the church.
2. Develop and implement strategy for discipling children in Christian doctrine, faith and practice and equipping them to share their faith with others.
3. Oversee the weekly children’s programs and ministries.
4. Recruit and work with children’s ministries directors to help make programs worshipful, relevant, fun and effective in instruction, nurture and discipleship, service and outreach.
6. Oversee Children’s summer ministries (i.e. Vacation Bible School, children’s camp, etc.
7. Involve children in ministry, service to others and leadership building opportunities.
9. Oversee Children’s ministries staff recruitment, resourcing and support.
10. Work with parents to help them better understand the needs of their children and how the church can partner with them in helping their children grow in the Lord.
1. The Children’s Pastor shall be responsible to the Lead Pastor, Personnel Committee and Church Board respectively.
2. The Children’s Pastor shall work in cooperation and coordination with other Pastors, staff members and lay leaders.
3. The Children’s Pastor shall report regularly to the Lead Pastor as to the needs, health and direction of the church’s children’s ministries.
1. Increased spiritual growth and maturity of children in children’s group.
2. Increase in children outreach participation.
3. Salvation of individual children.
4. Increase in number of children in attendance at church services and activities.
Compensation and Benefits
1. The Children’s Pastor financial package includes salary, designated expenses, housing, health insurance and Tax Sheltered Annuity.
2. The Children’s Pastor’s financial package shall be reviewed annually prior to the beginning of the new budget year.
3. Vacation days are accrued at .8333 work days per month, up to two weeks a year for the first five years; after, that up to three weeks.
4. Sick days are accrued at .5 work days per month. Unused sick days may accrue up to 20 days a year.
5. The Children’s Pastor will be given one week per year for preaching or speaking engagements or revivals outside the local church.
6. The Children’s Pastor shall be given ample opportunity to attend and participate in denominational and professional trainings, seminars and conferences.
7. Ministry related expenses shall be covered by or reimbursed by the church.
8. A ministry expense account is allotted each month for personal ministry to children and staff.