Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Position ClassificationPosted by: Andy Monnin
Posted date: Jan-16-2018
Location: Piqua, Ohio
The Executive Pastor partners with the Lead Pastor to implement all aspects of Upper Valley Community Church’s (UVCC’s) mission, vision, and values. Through strong interpersonal skills and a strong biblical foundation for wise management, the Executive Pastor will lead, evaluate and mentor staff, define strategic goals and vision to ensure that the ministries of Upper Valley Community Church are effectively aligned to meet the mission of the church.
REPORTS TO WHOM – Lead Pastor
MINISTRIES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
· Discipleship Pastor
· Youth Pastor
· Connections Pastor/Director
· Tech Director
· Administrative Coordinator
1. Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of UVCC’s mission and vision through ministry effectiveness evaluation, decision making, planning and overall direction of staff leaders.
2. Work with the Lead Pastor in problem solving, decision making, and planning.
3. Convey the “big picture” view for ministries to ensure alignment, cohesiveness and synergy across all ministry teams
4. Provide mentoring, advice, and counsel to staff and key leadership to set them up for success in their ministry by conducting formal, monthly updates with all direct reports and ensuring direct reports are consistent in monthly updates with their direct reports.
5. Manage internal conflict within the staff team.
6. Be the catalyzer to move people into serving through the other staff and Serve Teams Leaders
7. Be the primary responder to manage external conflict and problem solving among the congregation.
8. Establish and maintain excellent communication with all ministry leaders.
9. Manages the day to day operations of the church and facilities to ensure the Lead Pastor has ample time for prayer, sermon preparation, vision casting and influencing key leaders.
10. Manages outside relationships with other churches, city, and government.
11. Receives and processes all communication from the community
12. Works closely with the Lead Pastor on strategic planning for the overall church vision.
13. Oversee leader development including the LDP program, new pastor development and creating monthly leadership gatherings.
BUSINESS / ADMINISTRATIVE
1. Ensure ministry directors are effectively fulfilling their primary role in the church body
2. Works with the Administrative Coordinator and communications team to ensure all internal and external communications are done with excellence and positively reflect UVCC.
3. Collaborate with the Lead Pastor and staff in the development of the annual church strategic calendar.
4. Collaborate with the Lead Pastor in developing and implementing the long-range facilities plan for the church.
5. Oversee facilities maintenance and scheduling including recruiting and deploying those who serve by caring for the facility.
6. Ensure the necessary finances and budgets are available to implement all areas of ministry and projects with excellence, innovation, and are well planned and executed.
7. Oversee any church-wide stewardship initiative in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and provide leadership in the implementation and follow-up of the initiative.
8. Oversee the financial operations of the church to ensure financial responsibility, budgeting and forecasting is achieved, and financial integrity is maintained at all times.
9. Supervise the preparation and presentation of the annual church budget for all areas of the church and to oversee all areas responsible for compliance of the approved budget.
10. Develop a policy manual for proper church functioning
11. Work closely with the Lead Pastor in leading staff meetings and retreats.
12. Attend Board meetings as a resource and for informational purposes and moderating in the absence of the Lead Pastor
13. Work with the Lead Pastor to facilitate creative, meaningful and life-changing worship services each week and works with the Lead Pastor and Worship Leaders in the planning of these services.
1. Conduct weddings and funerals, providing appropriate preparation and support.
2. Assist in worship by hosting and preach at the request of the Lead Pastor.
3. Provide pastoral care and counseling, as needed.