Children's PastorPosted by: Ken Bushey
Posted date: Dec-11-2017
Location: Bedford, Indiana
The Children’s Pastor will direct, lead, and champion our children and ensure an excellent, loving, fun, Christ-honoring ministry to children and their families. The Children’s Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor.
· Lead an interactive, age appropriate and Christ-centered Children’s Church in a fun, kid-friendly format.
· Lead an interactive, age appropriate and Christ-centered Wednesday Kids’ Program in a fun, kid-friendly format.
· Provide pastoral follow-up to elementary-aged guests and further follow-up to children and families as appropriate.
· Provide a pastoral presence for children and Children’s Staff at church sponsored programs as well as their special events, hospital stays, or other times of celebration or crisis.
· Maintain a regular pastoral presence with the children and staff of Restoration Childcare and Preschool.
· Encourage healthy relationships between Children’s Ministry Staff, families of children, and the other ministries of the church.
· Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate, reward, and terminate Children’s Ministry staff as necessary.
· Oversee the staffing, curriculum and necessary details of Children’s Sunday School and other children’s programming opportunities.
· Maintain regular communication regarding programming with church leadership, ministry staff, parents and children be it individually, within ministry groups, or corporately.
· Maintain the highest safety standards for the children and Children’s Ministry Staff.
General Staff Responsibilities
· Lead and shepherd children and Children’s Ministry Staff out of an overflow of a deep and abiding relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
· Lead and serve in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration with the entire leadership of Restoration Church.
· Serve as an integral member of the Pastoral Staff and attend weekly meetings.
· Attend meetings of the Church Board and present a monthly report of Children’s Ministry.
· Attend all church services.
· Participate as a leader and pastor in Restoration Church events as directed.
· Provide pastoral care (prayer, counseling, encouragement, etc.) to the Restoration Family as necessary.
· Officiate infant dedications, as well as weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion, as requested (subject to ordination credentials where required).
· Execute other pastoral duties as assigned (preach, pastoral care, etc.).
· It is the expectation of the Children’s Pastor to give a minimum of 20 hours per week to specific position responsibilities as well as volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a week as a member of the church.