Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: YouthPosted by: Shannon Harris
Posted date: Oct-25-2017
To be responsible for the total Student Ministry of East Gate Church of the Nazarene. Leadership responsibilities will include organization, training and equipping lay leaders, attending all staff meetings, and leading our Students in their spiritual development and involvement with the local church.
DUTIES: To provide a well-balanced program of activities such as:
1. The development of a student ministries program to include: Sunday School, Small Groups and, Wednesday night, programs for Grades 6-12, Retreats, Annual Mission Trip, Fundraising Campaigns, Bible Study, Worship Ministry, Drama, Visitation of Newcomers, and discipling of new Christians.
2. All services which will include a devotional/teaching time.
3. Recreational activities (monthly)
4. Retreats and Revivals
5. Service Group (work & witness) with students.
6. Zone & District Student Ministries Activities
7. Endeavoring to build a one-on-one relationship with the students.
8. Visiting the homes of our students on a regular basis.
9. Visiting in the schools with the students and attend as many of their activities as possible. (Volunteer in the school once a week)
10. Meeting with all the teachers of your department on a regular basis.
11. Developing and meet monthly with your Student Ministries Council.
1. To work closely with the pastor and to be under the
direct supervision of the administration pastor.
2. To always support the pastors and the programs of the local church.
3. To be present at all Staff Meetings (at least one per week).
4. To present to the pastor a list of activities being planned.
(Yearly Calendar that us to be updated monthly)
5. To attend all monthly Sunday School Board meetings.
6. To inform the pastor of any problems (personal, spiritual, or otherwise).
7. Have Vouchers approved before making any bills or spending any
money. Furthermore, all payment vouchers must be turned in within 1 week for you to be reimbursed.
8. To be involved in and faithful to all Worship Services, supporting the
church and all its ministry with tithe and time.
9. To have the total interest of the church at heart and to work closely with
the pastor in doing whatever necessary to build the church.
10. To actively maintain a growing relationship with Christ through personal
bible study, prayer, service opportunities and attendance in worship services.