Family PastorPosted by: Chris Reiter
Posted date: Sep-07-2017
Location: Castle Rock, CO
FAMILY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a job description for the part-time Family Pastor of the Connection Church of the Nazarene. This staff person will be responsible for ministry to children and teens, birth through 18 years old.
To help meet the physical (safety), emotional and relational needs of children and teens.
To help bring children and teens to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
To help disciple children and teens in Christlikeness.
(Teaching disciplines of faith, i.e.: prayer, fasting, reading scripture, generosity/tithe)
To help reach unchurched parents of children and teens, and involve parents in the discipleship process of their children and teens.
To help provide pastoral care for children and teens and their families.
1. To establish a vision for the children and teen ministry of The Connection Church of the Nazarene that is consistent with and integrated into the vision of the whole church, to connect people with Jesus and others.
2. To develop a strategic plan (programs and activities) for accomplishing the vision.
3. To recruit, screen and train workers who will help accomplish the vision.
4. To create and manage the Children’s Ministry and Teen’s Ministry budget.
5. To purchase curriculum, supplies and decorate spaces in keeping with the vision.
6. To report to the Lead Pastor, Church Board and Congregation regarding the progress toward ministry goals.
7. To maintain data and the church database for your ministry area.
8. To utilize social media and technology as a ministry tool.
Qualifications for the Position
1. Call to make Christlike disciples in the nations.
2. Leadership and Administrative ability and/or willingness to learn.
3. Experience in ministry.
4. Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
5. Competency with computer technology and social media.
6. A Bachelor’s degree. *Conversation surrounding this is welcome.
7. Ordination, Enrollment in the Nazarene Course of Study (toward ordination), or active weekly discipleship under the Lead Pastor.
Additional Expectations of the Children’s Pastor
1. To maintain a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines.
2. To maintain an appropriate life-balance including Sabbath observance (rest and recreation).
3. To prioritize your family relationships.
4. To live a life of honor and integrity at all times.
5. To regularly participate in the life and activities of the church.
6. To support the Lead Pastor, Church Staff and Church Board.
7. To faithfully and punctually attend all staff, board and other pertinent meetings.
8. To support District and General Church programs and initiatives.
9. To preach in the larger service as requested by the Lead Pastor.
10. To deal with conflict and frustration in a God-honoring manner.
Organization Name: The Connection Church of the Nazarene
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Position Title: Family Pastor
Position Type: Part-time (potential to move to Full-time)
Contact Preference: Send resumes by Email
Lead Pastor: Chris Reiter
Cell Phone: 360-929-2272
Church website: www.connectionnaz.org