Youth PastorPosted by: Rodney Kincaid
Posted date: Sep-05-2017
Location: Jefferson Ohio
YOUTH PASTOR (Part Time-Full Time)
The Youth pastor is responsible for encouraging the growth of our Youth through providing leadership, pastoral care, outreach and educational services.
Ministry Area/Department Position
Youth & Families Youth Pastor
Accountable To: Ministry Target
Senior Pastor Youth Development
Position Is Position May Be Filled By
Paid staff (Part Time) Ministry Called Individuals
Minimum Maturity Level Spiritual Gifts
Solid, very mature Christian Pastor/shepherd • Administration •
Exhortation (Gifts of the Spirit)
Length of Service Commitment
Five years minimum (Starting 2017-2018 Church Year)
Talents or Abilities Desired
Self-Motivated• Understanding of God’s Word as it relates to Youth and their Family roles • Ability to care for the youth and communicate well with their families • Leadership potential/ability • Previous ministry experience required
Best Personality Traits
Compassionate • Dependable • Expresser-leader
Passion for Strengthening and supporting the Youth and their Families
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 13 hours a week.
2. Participating in meetings/training: Two hours a month training Leadership, Attend Monthly Board meetings along with conducting Board/committee meetings in areas of responsibility.
1. Participate in staff/church planning meetings.
2. Counsel and pray with the youth and their families who are having difficulties.
3. Plan special youth activities periodically.
4. Oversee budget and expenditures for the NYI ministry.
5. Fill the pulpit at Local church when needed.
6. Work alongside with the rest of leadership in seeking the vision of the church.
7. Assist in helping to develop Discipleship U!