Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Part-time or Full-timePosted by: Steve Coutouzis
Posted date: Jul-25-2017
Location: Houston, TX
CHILDREN’S PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reports to Senior Pastor
- Accountable to the church board through Senior Pastor
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a divine call to reach and disciple children
- Have a divine call to reach children through The Crossing
- Be a team player with other ministries of the church and church
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to establish a creative ministry to children
- Prefer but not requirement to know music and orchestrate
children’s musicals and programs.
Evangelize children, disciple them, promote a biblical world view,
expand the ministry lay staff of The Crossing.
- Oversight of the entire children’s program, from the crib through
the 6th grade.
- Recruit and train lay staff
- Recruit, train, and schedule workers for nurseries.
- Develop a quality ministry to all children that call The Crossing
their home, both on Sundays and Wednesdays. Goal should be
evangelism, discipleship and preparing children to do life
through the lens of Scripture.
- Raise the level of Biblical literacy in our children and their
- Train children in areas of stewardship, churchmanship, and
- Provide pastoral care to all children and their families.
- Keep pastor abreast of status of all areas of children’s ministry
- Communicate any problems or issues to pastor
- Organize follow-up program for visiting children
- Give leadership in all major areas of children’s ministry.
- Sunday School
- Possible Caravans or other mid week ministry
- Children’s Church
- Vacation Bible School or Children’s crusade
- Children’s camping
- Possibly begin quizzing program
- Communicate with pastor about new ministry opportunities.
- Organize games and activities for children at annual picnic
- Support church activities that are church wide
- Exhibit biblical stewardship in both church and personal
- Be faithful in tithes and offerings.
- Be prompt for all responsibilities
- Expect to put in 45 hours weekly including ministry times.
- $600 weekly, review in 6 months, review in 12 months
- After the 1st year 2 weeks of vacation
- Reimbursed for district activities and continuing education.
Must have pre approval.