Worship LeaderPosted by: Harold Berrian
Posted date: Jul-21-2017
Location: Galesburg, IL
Position: Worship Leader (Full-time position with housing provided)
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Information About the Church:
2. Our Mission: “Making Christ-like disciples who CONNECT with Jesus in worship and prayer…who GROW with Jesus and others in small groups…who SERVE with Jesus among our church family…who GO share the love of Jesus everywhere”
3. Our Worship Vision: We have solid instrumental and vocal talent in the church, but are seeking a capable worship leader to strengthen the team and take us to the next level. We presently have two Sunday morning worship services. The 9:30 am service is presently traditional, with the plan to move to a blended format. The 10:45 am service is already a full-contemporary format. We’re dreaming of adding another full-contemporary evening service during the week, and adding a monthly Saturday night coffee-house.
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a growing faith.
2. A Christ-like character and an ability to also shape others accordingly.
3. A belief that true worship is God-focused and humanly transforming.
4. A strong leader with a history of excellence.
5. A team player with a positive attitude.
6. Skilled in leading a congregation and worship team in spiritual formation.
7. Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
8. Skilled in organization and interpersonal relationships.
9. Skilled knowledge of worship technology and other art forms.
10. Familiarity with the Church of the Nazarene and sympathetic to our theology, doctrines and policies.
· To assist with church matters as needed under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
· To support and cooperate with other departments and ministries of the church.
Applicants for the position will provide the following:
· A cover letter and resume with references included.
· A digital video or online links of the applicant leading worship.
· Mail or email to Galesburg Nazarene, 1501 Webster St, Galesburg, IL 61401, email@example.com.