Church of the Nazarene Job Board - Positions by Category: Position ClassificationPosted by: Brad Kennedy
Posted date: Jun-14-2017
The Necessary Persona:· Looking for someone who wants to go on an interesting, adventurous but sometimes hazardous journey.
· Looking for someone who is willing to die to self and who is willing to sacrifice and to suffer for the sake and benefit of others in order to help them know God, find freedom, discover their purpose, and play their role in God’s story.
· Looking for someone who is a person of prayer because we are a “Pray First” church.
· Looking for someone who is humble, hungry and people smart.
· Looking for someone who wants to experience joy, peace, spiritual growth, leadership development, comradery, fun, and out-of-the box thinking and who wants to lead us in doing the same.
Our Vision and Strategy:
Midland Nazarene’s current vision is to help people Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Our Purpose and Play Our Role in God’s story. We want people to embrace and to live their God potential.
Midland Naz’s current strategy in living out our vision is as follows:
The Lead Pastor will set the vision and empower everyone to live out that vision according to their gifts and passions. We understand that the Lead Pastor will put their spin, etc. on the above discipleship-make vision, but we always want our vision to be a vision that “moves” people along on their spiritual journey so that they can help others do the same (i.e., so that they can become disciples of Jesus Christ who make disciples who make disciples). Other big picture responsibilities include:
· Bringing the Word in practical ways that inspires us to grow in becoming and living more like Jesus Christ;
· Setting the tone for what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ in word and in deed;
· Providing leadership, mentoring, support, and teaching to our pastoral team and leadership team members;
· Working with our Growth Track Team in encouraging people to walk through the Growth Track process so that they will be better positioned to understand and to play their role in God’s story;
· Working with our Welcome Team in following up with and integrating guests into Midland Naz;
· Preparing the annual budget in concert with the Leadership Team; and
· Becoming active in the Midland community through things like the Chamber of Commerce.
The overall goal of the Lead Pastor is to lead Midland Naz in playing its role in God’s story.
The Lead Pastor will be living in relationship with the Midland Naz Leadership Team in which we will hold each other accountable in living out our vision.