ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
Living Word Church (LWC) is committed to seeing lives transformed by the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ. The values that drive our ministry are sharing our faith, strengthening one another, serving God and others and praying for the miraculous. These values compel us to have a heavy focus on outreach where we are devoted to reaching our community for Christ. LWC is located in West Houston. We are a multi-generational and culturally diverse church. Led by our core values, Living Word has a vision to soon expand to be a multi-site church.
Church Membership Size – 1,000+ | Location – Houston, TX | Job – Full-Time
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The role of the Worship and Creative Arts Pastor is to manage all aspects of Worship, Media and Creative Arts Ministry for Living Word Church under the direction of and in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and to raise and develop teams of volunteers under the position. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs and philosophy of ministry at Living Word as well as the unique vision, mission, values, and strategy guiding this body to accomplish its purpose.
Success in this role will be determined by the following:
- More congregational engagement in worship is evident as a result of this position.
- The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has developed larger audio/video tech and worship teams.
- The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has significant involvement in the community and the church.
- The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor has created a larger online presence for the church.
- Living Word Church is becoming increasingly relevant as a result of this position.
WHAT WE ARE SEARCHING FOR:
The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor for Living Word Church will be an experienced worship and media leader whose heart for worship and compassion to invest in the lives of others is clearly evident in all that he/she does. This pastor will be a passionate, Spirit-filled, creative visionary who enjoys developing future leaders and is a solid team-player, never shying away from lending a helping hand. The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor will lead all components of the worship programming including music, audio, video, lighting, creative elements and work in conjunction with the Sr. Pastor to help in sermon planning. This individual will successfully take our worship experience to the next level, by way of developing strong teams, increasing the quality of authenticity, and proficiently managing multi-faceted tasks. This role will also have a key responsibility for developing leaders. Hence, this individual will possess an aptitude for recruiting, training, inspiring, and mobilizing individuals and teams. The successful candidate must be able to play the guitar/keys or other lead instrument (being able to play multiple instruments is a plus), audition and develop other musicians, and embody the kind of energy and integrity that others seek to follow. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of working and leading worship in a ministry setting that is multi-cultural and multi-generational. Proficiency in conversational Spanish is a plus but not required. Experience in transitioning a congregation from contemporary worship to modern worship is highly preferred. Experience in helping a church with the expansion to multi-site is also highly preferred but not required.
- Plan and lead Spirit-filled, vibrant and authentic worship services. Bring fresh excitement, energy, creativity, focus and vision to the worship experience.
- Oversee the creative direction of worship services using numerous outlets to help enhance the worship experience.
- Work with the Sr. Pastor in developing a creative Worship strategy that produces growth.
- Recruit, lead, develop, and inspire the worship team and others, while serving with a joyful, submissive spirit.
- Responsible for weekly rehearsals to ensure that the musical component of the church’s worship experience is done with professionalism and excellence.
- Responsible for the production of videos, graphics, sermon bumpers, and other creative elements for Sunday worship programming.
- Responsible for the promotion of the Worship & Creative Arts ministry through multiple platforms.
- Responsible for the configuration, planning, production, and release of all our online service broadcasts.
- Support the long-term intention to add multisite campuses.
- Work with the Administrative Pastor to help develop and oversee teams of volunteers to help the church advance in its Communications & Media Ministry.
- Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Pastor.
This individual should be both filled with and led by God’s Spirit. They must maintain a close personal relationship with God through study, prayer and accountability. They must have a heart for service and reaching the lost. It is in this spirit of love and cooperation with God that the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor exhibits the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Music or a related field is required.
- Must be in agreement with the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of LWC.
- Possess a contagious and passionate spirit for worship.
- Be an authentic and strong team-player who is enthusiastic about helping fellow staff members, when needed, with the goal of furthering God’s kingdom.
- 5+ years’ experience of leading a dynamic worship ministry.
- Ability to relate to multi-generational audiences.
- Proficiency in Spanish is highly preferred but not required.
- Ability to attract, assess and equip volunteers and develop them to their fullest potential. Possess a proven track record of developing leaders.
- Capable of working with volunteers from a variety of musical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read music and create arrangements/charts.
- Experience using in-ear monitors and utilizing click tracks on the platform.
- Experienced in audio/visual and computing technology with an emphasis on Mac-based computers.
- Knowledge and experience using Planning Center is preferred.
- Experience in and competency with developing creative assets including ProPresenter, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator among others is preferred.
- Willingness to learn new technology and keep abreast of new changes within the worship ministry field.
- Excellent communication skills.
Living Word Church’s vision is to see lives transformed through the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ. Your role is vital in our mission. While our staff is made up of multiple ministries, we all work together as one team and we do not hesitate to jump on board to help one another, when needed. If you are a passionate worship leader who desires to be part a strong team atmosphere that is committed to reaching its community for Christ, you sound like a great fit at Living Word Church! If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Kindly include your resume and links to videos of worship led by you as a sample. Thank you!