Courthouse Campus Children's Pastor
POSITION TITLE: Courthouse Campus Children’s Pastor
REPORTS TO: Children’s Ministry Team Lead Pastor (Mike Hancock - email@example.com)
DEPARTMENT: Southside Church of The Nazarene Children’s Ministry
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time / Exempt
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 26, 2017
The Courthouse Children’s Pastor provides direction and oversight for the entire SPLASH (Birth-PreK), WAVE (K-3rd Grade), and PIER 45 (4th-5th Grade) Children’s Ministries at Southside Church of The Nazarene’s Courthouse Rd. Campus. Southside Church is a multi-site Church that offers exciting children’s programming (Birth – 5th Grades) for multiple services and venues. Our Courthouse Rd. Campus also serves as a Resource Center for each of our Southside Church campuses and venues.
The Courthouse Children’s Pastor provides leadership, training, support, and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff who serve at our Courthouse Campus, including a paid/part-time Early Childhood “SPLASH” Director (Birth – Pre-K), paid/part-time Elementary Small Group Director (grades K-5), Mid-week Director/Coordinator, and numerous student and adult volunteers. The Courthouse Children’s Pastor will work closely with the Children’s Ministry Team Lead Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
* Previous experience directing children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff
* BA or BS degree required; divinity degree desirable
* Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
*Has met requirements and holds a district ministers license
The role of the Courthouse Children’s Ministry Pastor is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of all environments specific to Southside Church. The Children’s Ministry Pastor also provides direct oversight to all Early Childhood Ministries (Birth-Pre-K), WAVE (K-3), and PIER 45 (4th & 5th Grade) Pre-Teen Ministries
SOUTHSIDE CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces the mission, vision, and values of Southside Church and the Church of The Nazarene.
* Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
* Have cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with leaders, coworkers and volunteers.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (Birth – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction, and training for Children’s Ministry Staff/Volunteers at Courthouse.
* Work with Children’s Ministry Team Lead Pastor to review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments.
* Managing oversight of the SPLASH Early Childhood Ministry (Birth – PreK).
* Assist the Splash Director in the recruiting and training of Early Childhood volunteers by providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Managing oversight of Elementary Small Group Director and Mid-week Children’s Director
* Assist the Elementary Small Group Director and the Mid-week Children’s Director in the recruiting and training of all Elementary Small Group leaders/volunteers (aka “Lifeguards”)
* Direct oversight of our Weekly Large Group WAVE (K-3) and PIER 45 Storytellers, Worship Team Leaders, Welcome Services/Greeting Team, and Children’s Media (audio/visual) Team.
* Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic Early Childhood and Elementary learning environments.
* Work with Team Leader to develop and Oversee Children’s Ministry for all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, ‘Big Rock’ events, productions, annual meetings, seminars, Christmas Eve, Easter Good Friday, etc.
* Responsible for security check-in procedures, the Children’s Greeting Team, and tracking weekly attendance.
* Meets regularly with the Children’s Ministry Team Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
*Ensure all Children’s Ministry Lifeguards (volunteers) are resourced and empowered to serve.
*To fulfill the pastoral ministry requirements to the children and families at Southside’s Courthouse Campus – including hospital visits, birthday cards, fellowship opportunities, etc.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
* Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
* Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner).
* A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
* BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
* Previous experience with direction and administration of church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
* Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping, and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
* Experience in designing and developing Children’s Ministry programs and promotions.
* Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
* Ability to reach out and connect with families involved at Southside Church.
* Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, ProPresenter, others).
* Reports to the Children’s Team Lead Pastor.
* Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff at Courthouse Campus.
* Receives support from peers on staff at Southside.
* Receives consistent leadership training from Children’s Team Lead Pastor.
* Works closely with all areas of ministries within Southside Church.