Worship PastorPosted by: Justin Hayes
Posted date: May-10-2017
Location: Dodge City
Definition and Summary of Position:
The worship pastor designs in consultation with the lead pastor the weekly worship event, plans and implements the music for the worship event, coordinates the media used during the worship event, and provides pastoral oversight to musicians and media personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the congregation in worship during the primary services.
· Design the weekly worship service in consultation with the lead pastor.
· Arrange weekly worship music.
· Approve media to be used in the weekly worship music.
· Assist the lead pastor in developing seasonal or monthly themes for the church’s worship events, which may include assisting in the development of sermon series, missional strategies, and promotional campaigns.
· Train and equip worship arts volunteers: musicians, sound technicians, and media operators.
· Provide pastoral care to musicians and media volunteers.
· Serve as the primary advisor to the lead pastor on theological issues associated with corporate worship.
· Ensure plans are effectively communicated to worship arts personnel using software and online services like Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
· If ordained, complete continuing education requirements. If pursuing ordination, make satisfactory progress in educational requirements.
· Perform other ministerial functions as needed, such as preach, administer the LORD’s Supper, officiate at weddings, baptize converts, conduct funerals, make pastoral calls.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Credentials:
· Strong skills in arranging and performing Christian worship music.
· Strong leadership skills especially when dealing with worship arts personnel.
· Must know the latest trends in worship technology and how to effectively use technology in worship.
· Must work well in a team environment both as team leader and team member.
· Willingness to pursue ministerial credentials in the Church of the Nazarene. Ordination in the Church of the Nazarene preferred.
· Some college in a ministerial or musical discipline required. Master’s degree from a theological seminary from the Wesleyan tradition preferred.