Worship PastorPosted by: Steve Johnson
Posted date: May-04-2017
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland
We are looking for a part time worship pastor to serve approximately 20 hours per week who would lead our church in becoming vibrant worshippers of God. This would primarily involve leading in the music portion of our Sunday morning services and working with the lead pastor in developing service themes and other creative worship elements. We are a church that averages around 230 on Sunday mornings in two services. We are located about 70 miles from Baltimore, MD and Washington D.C. in the foothills of the Maryland Appalachian Mountains. Two years ago we completed the construction of our new church ministry center. A qualified candidate would have strong vocal music ability and be able to lead worship with either acoustic guitar or keyboard, have good leadership skills and be strong relationally in working with our volunteer worship team, and be able to prayerfully plan Sunday worship music and lead rehearsals with our band members and vocal team. It may also involve leading our youth worship team. It is hoped that this position will become full time within one year.
· This individual should have strong spiritual gifts in the areas of leadership. He or she needs to be a person of impeccable integrity who has excellent relational and mentoring skills and be a strong team player.
· Experience in worship and music ministry.
· Ability to lead vocally and instrumentally from acoustic guitar or keyboard.
· A passion to lead a congregation to become vibrant worshipers of God.
· Possess a genuine call to Christian worship ministry.
· Demonstrate a love for God and people.
· Exemplary in Christian conduct and a passion to reach people for Christ.
· Working knowledge of worship presentation software.
We will assist candidate in locating housing and part time employment to supplement our salary and we can assist a spouse in finding full time employment in our area. Health insurance may be provided if needed.